Inside Sales Representative
Company: Independent Electric Supply
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Independent Electric Supply, Inc. (IES) opened in 1976 with ten
employees to serve electrical contractors working in the high-tech
aerospace industry. Today, IES operates 16 electrical supply
branches in the Northern California area, San Francisco Bay area,
Central Valley, Central Coast -and 7 locations throughout Arizona.
- IES focuses on traditional electrical supply with dedicated
specialists in lighting, switchgear, wire management, tool &
safety, renewable energy and enhance logistics solutions to meet
specific customer needs. - Employing more than 525 people and
managing over 1 million square feet of warehouse space, IES is one
of the strongest electrical distributors in the markets we serve.In
August 2011, IES was acquired by Sonepar USA consisting of the
finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors
throughout the United States. - Sonepar is the world leader in
electrical distribution. We are an equal employment opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law. -SummaryEstablishes or
improves relationships with customers to better understand sales
territory, schedules and customer needs by phone and customer
visits. Interviews customers in order to determine the appropriate
product desired either by phone or at the company facility and
records information into computer for product delivery. - -
-Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Talks with customers by phone or in person to receive orders
- Solicits sale of new or additional products.
- Practices good interpersonal relations, using tact, courtesy, a
positive attitude toward customers and co-workers, pleasant
telephone etiquette, and a general attitude as a representative of
goodwill on behalf of the company.
- Liaison between the customer and IES departments, including
credit purchasing, warehouse, outside sales and management.
- Determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired by
being familiar with products sold in the department by use, vendor,
location in warehouse, catalog and catalog number, other reference
materials, and special selling points.
- Identifies and uses appropriate company and/or customer pricing
- Make phone calls to regular and prospective customers to
- Describes or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog,
and emphasizes salable features.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales
- Provides oral and written quotations or estimates of prices,
terms and delivery for standard, complex or non-standard
- Prepares cash or charge sales tickets with required
identification, necessary information for customer, merchandise,
price, and sales tax status for processing, shipment and delivery
of merchandise in a timely manner. Follows up with any specific
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of
own firm's delivery schedules.
- Purchases materials following approved purchasing
- Reviews complaints concerning billing or products sold,
referring complaints to designated departments for investigation
- Prepares correspondence and reports necessary for business
- Recognize when special pricing is required, and provide
- Follow up on all quotations in an attempt to write the order,
or receive input for use in future quotations.
- Handles difficulties with customers with diplomacy and seeks
assistance when needed, to resolve customer order problems and
- Acquires, uses and continuously develops personal technical
knowledge of general and specialty merchandise items to assist
customers and other company personnel.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned. Supervisory
Responsibility, work environment and physical demands
- This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- This position works in a normal office environment as well as a
warehouse environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and
temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant
conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. while working in the office.
- The noise level in the warehouse environment is usually moderate
and temperature can change based on the season.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing
and walking for up to 15% of the time. -Through previous background
and experience, the candidate must be able to demonstrate, with or
without an accommodation:
- Ability to run and maintain projects.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from small groups of managers, clients, customers, and
the general public.
- Ability to perform math functions representative of the job
such as; addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals
and metric scales; computing rate, ratio, and percentages and to
draw and interpret bar graphs; calculating figures and amounts such
as discounts, interest, commissions, and proportions.
- Possess in depth knowledge of IES computer systems, Microsoft
- Must be a team player and abide by IES's strong core values and
Keywords: Independent Electric Supply, San Leandro , Inside Sales Representative, Sales , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!