Counter Sales Representative
Company: Independent Electric Supply
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Independent Electric Supply, Inc. (IES) opened in 1976 with ten
employees to serve electrical contractors working in the high-tech
aerospace industry. Today, IES operates 16 electrical supply
branches in the Northern California area, San Francisco Bay area,
Central Valley, Central Coast -and 7 locations throughout Arizona.
- IES focuses on traditional electrical supply with dedicated
specialists in lighting, switchgear, wire management, tool &
safety, renewable energy and enhance logistics solutions to meet
specific customer needs. - Employing more than 525 people and
managing over 1 million square feet of warehouse space, IES is one
of the strongest electrical distributors in the markets we serve.
In August 2011, IES was acquired by Sonepar USA consisting of the
finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors
throughout the United States. - Sonepar is the world leader in
electrical distribution. EEO Statement: We are an equal employment
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Summary The Counter Sales person sells merchandise to individuals
in store or showroom by processing orders from customers, using all
required company policies, procedures and systems in an expeditious
manner. -Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- -Greets customers on sales floor.
- Practices good interpersonal relations, using tact, courtesy, a
positive attitude toward customers and co-workers, pleasant
- Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet customer's
needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and
- Recommends additional products related to customer needs.
- Handles difficulties with customers and coworkers with
diplomacy and seeks assistance when needed.
- Resolves customer order problems and complaints promptly.
- Acquires, uses, and continuously develops personal technical
knowledge of general and specialty merchandise items to assist
customers and other company personnel. Supervisory Responsibility,
work environment and physical demands
- This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- This position works in a normal office environment as well as a
warehouse environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and
temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant
conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. while working in the office.
- The noise level in the warehouse environment is usually
moderate and temperature can change based on the season. - -
- Work is sedentary in nature, but may require standing and
walking for up to 60% of the time.
- Work can involve the operation of forklift, equipment such as
pallet jacks and climb ladders; bend, stoop, lift and move objects
weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and metric
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess in depth knowledge of IES computer systems.
- Must be a team player and abide by IES's strong core values and
Keywords: Independent Electric Supply, San Leandro , Counter Sales Representative, Sales , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!