Engineering Technician C
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description: Job Title: Engineering Technician C Job Code:
SAS20221910-92171 Job Location: San Leandro, CA Job Description:
The work is build and test a variety of mechanical assemblies that
are used in scientific research. The types of equipment range from
smaller vacuum systems and water/oil pumping systems to high tech
large mechanical assemblies (100 x 100). The requested candidate
would perform a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical,
electro-mechanical, research or machine operations. Constructs,
troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests and maintains equipment,
components, devices or systems. Entry level position. Limited or no
knowledge of the job. Works under supervision involving detailed
instructions and on the job training. If you have worked on cars or
similarly complex assemblies the tasks for this position are
similar. We are looking for people who are curious, motivated, and
can communicate well within a team. We design and build innovative
machines that push the limits of pulsed power research. The
following video describes just a faction of the work that goes on
at L3Harris in San Leandro CA.
- Performs routine technical functions related to the support of
engineering activities such as fabrication, set up, operation,
maintenance, modification, testing and troubleshooting simple
systems, experiments, prototypes or equipment.
- Assists engineers in the installation, repair, modification and
preventative maintenance of equipment and other products in lab and
at field locations as required.
- Assist engineers in the assembly of components or
sub-components for prototype models.
- Conducts routine engineering tests, solving basic mechanical or
electronic problems involved in the operation of the product.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal
instructions/descriptions, layouts or defined plans.
- Operates related equipment, conducting tests and reports data
in prescribed format.
- Assists in general laboratory work.
- Demonstrates good safety practices.
- Maintains routine records as necessary.
- May operate a forklift Qualifications:
- Skills: Apply basic electronic/mechanical theory.
- Read blueprints, drawings or schematics.
- Use basic hand tools and test equipment and assembly
- Practical application of arithmetic including arithmetic
functions with fractions and converting linear units of
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Familiar with MS Office products.
- Physical Abilities: Use of arms, hands and fingers; lift and
carry; focus on objects within 20 inches, shift focus and
distinguish colors as needed to perform assigned experiments.
- Experience on the Job: minimum of 4 years of prior related
experience Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent
with 4 years experience or Secondary/Associates Degree with minimum
of 2 years prior related experience. Equivalent experience may
substitute for education. Candidates with experience and education
above the requirements of the job posting may be considered for a
level higher commensurate with experience/education. Other: Work
Environment - The noise level in the environment is usually low to
moderate. The environment is well lit and ventilated. Hazards -
Occasional risk of burns, electric shock, cuts and burns from
tooling. Exposure to unpleasant odors and chemicals under safe
conditions. L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to
treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect
and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful
discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin,
ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship
status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected
by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free
workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and
background checks, where permitted by law.
Keywords: L3Harris, San Leandro , Engineering Technician C, Professions , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!