Quality Assurance Representative
Company: Sonepar USA
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Quality Assurance Representative
Operations --> Logistics
San Leandro, CA
Independent Electric Supply, Inc. (IES) opened in 1976 with ten
employees to serve electrical contractors working in the high-tech
aerospace industry. Today, IES operates 16 electrical supply
branches in the Northern California area, San Francisco Bay area,
Central Valley, Central Coast and 6 locations throughout Arizona.
IES focuses on traditional electrical supply with dedicated
specialists in lighting, switchgear, wire management, tool &
safety, renewable energy and enhance logistics solutions to meet
specific customer needs. Employing close to 600 people and managing
over 1 million square feet of warehouse space, IES is one of the
strongest electrical distributors in the markets we serve.
In August 2011, IES was acquired by Sonepar USA consisting of the
finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors
throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in
The Quality Assurance Representative is an integral participant
within the company's Quality Assurance and Inventory Control team.
This position has a significant impact related to the accuracy of
the company's inventory by analyzing customer transactions and
processes to resolve issues such as revenue leaks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receiving and evaluating customer return materials.
- Process materials transferred from other IES branches.
- Complete the intake of new vendor purchase orders.
- Reduce risk by identifying and reporting when there are lapses
in policies and established processes.
- Perform a variety of warehousing duties including discrepancy
analysis and resolution, cycle counting, adjustment verification,
and inventory slotting.
- Verify and monitor the accuracy of outbound shipments utilizing
reporting tools and auditing procedures.
- Identify, investigate, analyze, and process all miss-shipped,
lost in shipment, and filled wrong credits. Communicate results and
corrective actions in a timely and consistent manner.
- Analyze and identify root cause of errors and inventory
discrepancies. Work with the Business Process team to make quality
improvements to inventory identification processes. Communicate
results and corrective actions in a timely and consistent
- Track all inventory adjustments, and material scrapping
procedures for the operation. Produce weekly, monthly, and annual
- Assist in the identification and relocation of current and new
inventory items to ensure proper bin size, frequency class, and
safety concerns are meet
- Coordinate regular bin maintenance program reporting. Identify
and communicate positive and negative trends.
- Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of annual physical
- Other duties, as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Detail-oriented, especially concerning numerical figures and
- Basic mathematic skills including subtraction, addition,
multiplication, and division.
- Ability to distinguish minor, but significant differences
between complex material part numbers/descriptions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and
- Electrical industry product knowledge is preferred.
- Experience using Epicor Eclipse and Solar is preferred.
LICENSES AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS:
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs., unassisted.
- 2 years of experience in inventory control
Keywords: Sonepar USA, San Leandro , Quality Assurance Representative, Professions , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!