Senior Rental Representative
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: September 18, 2022
A Penske Senior Rental Representative demands a confident
individual with customer service orientation, strong interpersonal
and telephone skills, who will provide front line contact with
prospects, manage a large fleet of vehicles, match vehicle demand
with availability, coordinate all aspects of customer's accounts
and ensure complete customer satisfaction in a fast paced
• Compute charges for merchandise or services and receive
• Prepare merchandise for display, or for purchase or rental.
• Recommend and provide advice on a wide variety of products and
• Answer telephones to provide information and receive orders.
• Greet customers and discuss the type, quality and quantity of
merchandise sought for rental.
• Keep records of transactions, and of the number of customers
entering an establishment.
• Prepare rental forms, obtaining customer signature and other
information, such as required licenses.
• Inspect and adjust rental items to meet needs of customer.
• Explain rental fees, policies and procedures.
• Confer with customers by telephone or in person in order to
provide information about products and services, to take orders or
cancel accounts, or to obtain details of complaints.
• Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording
details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions
• Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing
activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, and
• Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve
• Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of
claim investigation results and any planned adjustments.
• Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments
for further investigation.
• Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or
payments, or arrange for billing.
• Complete contract forms, prepare change of address records, and
issue service discontinuance orders, using computers.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• At least 1 year of customer service experience required
• Sales experience (retail, consumer, B2B) preferred
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Some college or Bachelors degree preferred
• Ability to work at least one day on weekend required
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Customer service skills, dealing with people, flexibility, phone
skills, team player
• Valid drivers license required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or
designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to
work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is
required. Associates must have the
ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as
the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, San Leandro , Senior Rental Representative, Professions , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!