Bioprocess Engineer/ Technician for San Leandro, CA!
Company: Job Juncture
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Imagine a meat company unlike anything that has come before! We are
on a mission to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we
make meat. Founded in 2019, we make protein from elements of the
We are a modern food company, crafting the world’s first air-based
meats to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet’s
resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and
climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert
elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic
cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. It’s
where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business
leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we
never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious
and more sustainable. We use less land, less water and is
significantly faster to make than any other meat available.
In addition to the chance to work with cutting edge technology to
help combat climate change and working toward addressing the
impending food crisis, employees also enjoy competitive benefits
and total compensation plans and a collaborative company culture.
If you join us on this relentless pursuit for more, changing the
world will soon feel as natural as taking a breath.
We are funded by ADM, a world leader in fermentation technology, GV
(formerly Google Ventures), and Barclays, one of the world’s
leading financial institutions.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Bioprocess Operator / Technician is an experienced engineer,
scientist, technician, or related occupation that is responsible
for the safe operation of fermentation and downstream processing
systems in the company.
This role is actively responsible to:
- Operate, troubleshoot, and maintain bioreactors and/or
fermenters, downstream processing systems, and support equipment at
the lab, pilot, and commercial scale under the direction of a Sr.
BioChemical Engineer or Plant Operations Manager.
- Participate in the commissioning and start-up of pilot-scale
and commercial scale fermentation and downstream processing
- Communicate findings to internal project teams.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Write technical documentation including recording in laboratory
notebooks / electronic notebooks, reports, and Standard Operating
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of Management of
Change (MoC) systems specific to the fermentation
- Maintain safety in the operation of fermenters/bioreactors and
support Project Safety Management (PSM) for the facility.
- Engineering or sciences degree or similar with 2-5 years of
experience in a biotech, pharmaceutical, biofuel, or food
fermentation operations role or equivalent experience in place of a
- Expertise in cGMP food and/or pharmaceutical operations is
- Mechanically inclined.
- Able to recognize when optimization, correction, or custom
changes are necessary - ability to troubleshoot and manage
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to
thoroughly document operation activities and details.
- Experience in gas fermentation is an asset.
- Experience with safely using hazardous gases and high-pressure
gas systems is an asset.
Keywords: Job Juncture, San Leandro , Bioprocess Engineer/ Technician for San Leandro, CA!, Professions , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!