Manufacturing Equipment Technician - cGMP position in San Leandro, CA!
Company: Job Juncture
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Manufacturing Equipment Technician - cGMP
Bioprocess & DSP · San Leandro, California
Imagine a meat company unlike anything that has come before! We are
on a mission to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we
make meat. Founded in 2019, we make protein from elements of the
We are a modern food company, crafting the world’s first air-based
meats to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet’s
resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and
climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert
elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic
cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. It’s
where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business
leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we
never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious
and more sustainable. We use less land, less water and is
significantly faster to make than any other meat available.
In addition to the chance to work with cutting edge technology to
help combat climate change and working toward addressing the
impending food crisis, Our employees also enjoy competitive
benefits and total compensation plans and a collaborative company
culture. If you join us on this relentless pursuit for more,
changing the world will soon feel as natural as taking a
We are funded by ADM, a world leader in fermentation technology, GV
(formerly Google Ventures), and Barclays, one of the world’s
leading financial institutions.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Manufacturing Equipment Technician (Bioprocess Engineering
Tech) is experienced with industrial pharmaceutical or food
processes together with building/office and laboratory facilities.
As part of the owner’s team they will be responsible for working
with both engineering staff, contractors and fabricators.
This role is actively responsible to:
- Provide technical support for lab, pilot, and commercial scale
design and installation of upstream and downstream process
- Assist in drafting Standard Operating Procedures, Change
Controls, and Deviations documents working with engineers,
operators and other staff.
- Field support including commissioning, start-up, and operations
- Field construction support including on-site design, technical
assistance, and construction management.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of Management of
Change (MoC) systems.
- Assist activities to support production runs, such as
preparation of tubing assemblies, autoclaving, material request,
and material transfer into production rooms.
- Adhere to safe working practices.
- Provide other assistance as needed to the Biomanufacturing
Operators, Supervisors, and Managers.
- High School Diploma/GED and 4+ years in cGMP manufacturing
environment or Bachelor’s degree with 2 years related experience is
- Experience supporting food, pharmaceutical, or
- Experience working with engineers, operators, and maintenance
as part of a technical support team.
- Experience in a plant engineering support position.
Hands-on experience with equipment and mechanical systems is
- Experience with design and safety of systems, hazardous gasses
and systems involving hydrogen, or other flammable gasses is
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to act
proactively to create exceptional experiences for internal and
- Possess a customer first mentality with all
- Superlative communication skills, particularly the ability to
communicate with tangible and lasting shaping of core values and
- Professional experience in roles requiring both independent
creativity and collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Understand the use of technology as a competitive
ABOUT OUR PURPOSE
Why we exist: To accelerate the world’s transition to climate
and rainforest-friendly meat
What we do: We make nutritious meat using the most sustainable
protein on the planet
- Protect people & the planet
- Play as a team and have a growth mindset
- Do what you say you will do
- Be the change you seek
- Create a culture of belonging
Keywords: Job Juncture, San Leandro , Manufacturing Equipment Technician - cGMP position in San Leandro, CA!, Professions , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!