Senior EPIC Claims & Remittance Analyst
Company: Alameda Health System
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Summary Alameda Health System is seeking an experienced Lead
EPIC Hospital Billing Application Analyst who will utilize their
clinical expertise in performing complex systems analysis,
revenue-cycle workflows, revenue-cycle user 's support, and
applications programming. At Alameda Health System, we are
dedicated to creating a positive and safe work environment for our
patients, staff, and community. We promote equity of experience and
opportunity to ensure staff of all background feel included and
welcome.Role OverviewAs the Lead EPIC Application Analyst, you have
a solid understanding in EPIC Hospital Billing from an IT software
application perspective which will be instrumental as you lead
implementations, deployments, and upgrade projects. You will be a
key Subject Matter Expert in financial functionality related to
Hospital Billing, revenue-cycle workflows, revenue-cycle user 's
support.You will work closely with clinicians to create and/or
adapt written protocols and prepare detailed specs encompassing
clinical processes, information flow, risk, and impact analysis.
Additionally, you will provide customer service, troubleshooting,
and maintenance. As a technical leader in clinical applications,
you will apply advanced professional concepts and extensive
industry knowledge to lead and/or work on medium to large projects
of broad scope and complexity. ResponsibilitiesNOTE: The following
are the duties performed by employees in this classification;
however, employees may perform other related duties at an
equivalent level. - Not all duties listed are necessarily performed
by each individual in the classification.
- Act in an appropriate and professional manner as defined by the
company 's Standards of Behavior, Policy and Procedures, and Scope
- Role model AHS Standards of Behavior.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word,
Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Current office administrative practices and procedures.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar, and
- Use independent judgment and initiative within established
policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a
variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic, and
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management, organizational, prioritization,
- Good interpersonal, presentation skills.Qualifications:Any
combination of education and experience that would likely provide
the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession
of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.Education:
Bachelor 's degree in a relevant field from an accredited college
or university.Experience: Seven years Information Technology
experience within a multi-entity, healthcare environment.Preferred
Experience: Prior Epic implementation experience; experience with
clinical applications in either inpatient or outpatient setting;
experience with revenue cycle applications or patient access
services.Licenses/Certifications: Current Epic certification or
attainment of Epic certification within six months of
employment.Additional Details: Following is a non-exhaustive list
of areas in which experience is strongly preferred:Epic Hospital
Billing (HB) Administration certification and minimum three years '
experience implementing and/or supporting Epic's HB application as
an IT analyst/builder.
- CDM consolidation, Fee Schedules, and interfacing HB with CDM
- Charge-Router experience as a builder/analyst
- Case Management workflows and its impact on Hospital
- Epic's charge-capture workflows for various clinical
- Knowledge of Medi-Cal (California Medicaid) and Medicare
- Core HB functionality like system-action, work-queues, DNBs
- Local candidates preferred but relocation candidates will be
considered. This position will participate in a rotating on-call
schedule. -******PLEASE NOTE: OUR IT TEAM IS CURRENTLY WORKING
REMOTELY PER CDC AND ALAMEDA COUNTY SHELTER IN PLACE MANDATE,
HOWEVER, ONCE S.I.P. MANDATES ARE LIFTED, THE IT TEAM IS EXPECTED
TO RETURN ONSITE, BUT WILL ACCOMMODATE SOCIAL DISTANCING
REQUIREMENTS PER LOCAL AND STATE REGULATIONS.***** -ALAMEDA HEALTH
SYSTEM EMPLOYEES ONLY: This position is eligible for a $5,000
employee referral bonus to employees who refer candidates via the
Role Point Referral Portal that are successfully hired. For more
information on the Employee Referral program & eligibility, please
visit the Recruitment Intranet page:
SYS IS Apps RevCyc & HIM
Business Professional & IT
Keywords: Alameda Health System, San Leandro , Senior EPIC Claims & Remittance Analyst, Professions , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!