Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: January 12, 2022
What you will do
The Material Handler is responsible for accurately pulling,
packing, and preparing customer orders and maintaining warehouse
How you will do it
* Order Processing using Bin Location method
* Pull and pack materials
* Check all orders to ensure accuracy
* Communicate with freight carriers regarding daily bills of
* Prepare of shipping documents if necessary
* Perform general warehouse duties including FedEx processing,
housekeeping, stocking, safety and maintenance
* Conduct special projects as physical inventories, cycle counts,
* Complete daily, weekly, and monthly tasks such as ordering,
receiving, costing, returning parts, among others.
* Keep the warehouse clean and organized
What we look for
* High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
* Experience in a fast paced warehouse environment.
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a
strong attention to detail.
* Must possess organizational skills and be computer literate.
* Flexible workweek, hours may vary. Extended hours may be required
based on business needs.
* General work done in a warehouse environment where exposure to
heat, cold, and hazardous materials may occur.
* At least 2-3 years of warehouse experience in shipping and
* Oracle experience is highly preferred
The physical demands listed are essential in order for the employee
of this position to successfully perform this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Employee must be physically fit
as it relates to normal warehouse functions. The ability to lift up
to 40 lbs. is required. Grasping, lifting, bending, stooping, and
twisting are involved. Extended periods of standing and/or sitting
are frequently required. The employee is required to use always PPE
including steel toe shoes. The employee must have constant free
mobility of hands, wrists and arms in order to operate
computer/keyboard and other equipment. In addition, the individual
should be computer literate and able to visually distinguish
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you
are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., San Leandro , Material Handler, Professions , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!