Company: Acco Engineered Systems
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Construction Buyer, San Leandro, CA
Why join ACCO* ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest
mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and
builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more
than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design,
fabrication, installation, maintenance, and service of commercial
and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and
building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or
high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital,
semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing
plant ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical
system to meet your needs.
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our
customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San
Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years,
we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for
talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check
out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
Each Buyer will work with a specific group of project managers. As
a member of the purchasing department, the buyer will report to
their respective purchasing manager, but will take daily direction
will from their group of project managers.
Routine interaction with PMs and suppliers is required to ensure
that ACCO is well represented in the supplier marketplace. Buyers
must be able to represent a comprehensive picture of ACCOs
requirements, policies, and ethics to the suppliers, as well as
communicate the suppliers capabilities and needs back into
The Buyer position provides a turnkey procurement solution to the
Project Manager (PM) for all Procurement related activities. These
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE*
* Use Bidtracer and work with the Bid Desk Coordinator to acquire
supplier bids for projects in the bid phase.
* Work with the Project Manager to negotiate and procure equipment,
goods, and services in support of projects.
* Issue subcontract agreements. Ensure that agreements are in place
prior to work beginning on the project site.
o Accurately execute agreements in a timely manner by working with
the Subcontract Administrators and Purchase Order
o Assist the Sub Insurance Administrator in tracking down the
certificate of insurance as needed.
* Request, and compile, equipment and subcontract submittals.
* Work with PMs and Suppliers to maintain an expediting log and to
track equipment lead-times. Ensure the timely release of equipment
in order to meet project requirements.
o Follow up throughout equipment production to ensure that
equipment is delivered as promised by the Supplier.
* Work with the Project Manager to negotiate and settle back
charges as applicable to ensure fair charges to the supplier as
well as proper reimbursement to ACCO.
* Maintain knowledge of market conditions as they pertain to
pricing, service, and known product issues.
* Working with other Buyers, update and maintain unit cost pricing
* Identify areas of potential cost reduction and analyze the impact
of pricing changes for goods and services.
* Track costs in unit measurement. Evaluate market trends.
* Develop/maintain vendor relationships.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the
While the Buyer will receive the majority of their daily working
directions from their respective Project Manager groups; the
Purchasing Managers are responsible for ensuring that the
Purchasing Department's actions remain consistent with corporate
policies and procedures.
The interaction with a Purchasing Manager will include:
* Ethics. ACCO operates in a fair, and honest manner with all
Suppliers. The Buyer is responsible to ensure that our treatment of
suppliers is fair and honest. Any questions related to this should
be directed to the Purchasing Manager.
* Use of Non-union labor.
* Alterations to Terms and Conditions.
* Supplier Insurance Requirements.
* Scope of language.
* Subcontractor Bonding Requirements.
* Subcontractor Exhibit and Public Works issues.
* Documentation that requires a signature (subcontracts, PSAs,
purchase orders, credit apps, etc.)
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE*
* The proficient-plus level user of MS Excel and MS Word
* Strong verbal communication and listening skills, both over the
phone and in-person
* Able to work effectively and professionally in a team
* Strong business writing skills, including the use of proper
grammar and terminology
* While previous purchasing position experience is preferred, it is
* Knowledge of the industry is preferred but not required
* Able to demonstrate high customer service skills
* Able to organize large amounts of information
* Must be goal-oriented and meet deadlines
* Proactivity / Initiative: Recognizes what needs to be done and
accomplishes it in a manner appropriate for one s level/position
and with minimal supervision.
* Perseverance: Shows the wherewithal to fight for difficult goals
despite challenges and to bounce back from adversity.
* Insight: The ability to gather and make sense of information that
suggests new possibilities.
* Engagement: Shows a knack for using emotion and logic to
communicate a persuasive vision and connect with people.
* Likeability: The ability to effectively work toward common goals
with others by supporting, encouraging, and sharing information in
an authentic and approachable manner.
* Big Picture: Understands and contributes to organizations short-
and long-term business strategy. On a personal level has
independently developed a vision for short- and long-term career
* Motivation / Dedication: Commits to excellence in pursuing
unselfish goals. Initiates action with collective goals takes
responsibility, and shows personal humility.
* Technical Curiosity / Willingness to Learn: Interest in seeking
out new experiences, knowledge, and candid feedback; demonstrating
openness to learning and change.
* Problem-Solver: Ability to identify, analyze, and solve a problem
in support of personal, group, department, or organizational
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up-to 10 lbs. of
force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to
move objects. Physical demands are in excess of those of sedentary
work. Light work usually requires walking or standing to a
* Regular and routine attendance is necessary for the role.
* Hours are Monday to Thursday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Friday 7:00 am -
WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU*
* Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of
skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering,
project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who
collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to
* Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision,
401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
* ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from
us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire
U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to
apply.\n\nEqual Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.\nACCO will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
Keywords: Acco Engineered Systems, San Leandro , Construction Buyer, Professions , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!