Company: Acco Engineered Systems
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Facilities Coordinator San Leandro, CA
Why join ACCO* ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest
mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and
builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more
than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design,
fabrication, installation, maintenance, and service of commercial
and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and
building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or
high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital,
semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing
plant ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical
system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our
customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San
Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years,
we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for
talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check
out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities, this position is
responsible for providing administrative support for the Director
of Facilities. Primary tasks including, but are not limited to the
coordination of details with vendors, document administration,
organizing vendor lists and files, and the preparation of purchase
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE*
* General administrative duties such as typing and photocopying
general correspondence including letters, proposals, presentations,
reports, agreements, contracts, and memos from notes or
* Develop, edit, copy, and assemble work products, which include
(but are not limited to): proposals, submittals, maintenance
manuals, presentation packages, marketing materials, etc.
* Maintain an accurate seating chart of all floors of the San
* Includes coordinating seating for new hires & transfers
* Updating nameplates for each office/work station
* Communicating with Department heads request for seating in their
* Notifying HR & Safety of seating changes for Emergency exit
* Schedule meetings, including rooms and caterers (where
* Sending and/or distributing various correspondence via U.S. mail,
fax, messenger, U.P.S., Federal Express, and email, etc.
* Maintain accurate filing system and project document control.
* Assist in maintaining and distributing facility access key cards
and FOBS as required for all facilities in the Northern Region &
coordinate with the Southern Facilities team for cross-regional
* Manage all Fire Alarm, Sprinklers Systems, and Fire
* Ensure all fire risers have current certifications
* Manage all contracts with both Fire Alarm and maintenance
* Review all facility maintenance needs:
* Maintain a contact list of all contracted/regularly used vendors
for property maintenance/ repairs.
* Create and maintain a listing of all backflow prevention devices,
certification dates, and proof of certifications.
* Coordinate with Safety Department to maintain updated fire
* Escalate issues to the Director of Facilities.
* Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE*
* HS Diploma or equivalent
* 2-3 years of experience in property management strongly
* Extensive computer knowledge:
* Microsoft Office including MS Word and MS Excel Word
* Able to utilize applications on handheld devices
* Able to utilize Google applications including Gmail, Google
Calendar, and Google Docs.
* Internet Provide detailed data searches and online applications
(e.g. FedEx Delivery and ordering of products).
* Able to edit works in Adobe Writer or similar programs
* Strong written communication skills, attention to detail and
ability to organize data
* Able to demonstrate consistent and reliable attendance.
* Preferred, but not required: two-plus years of experience in the
property management and/or contracting industry in an
administrative support position.
* Able to learn new programs and processes.
* Demonstrated experience with producing and editing work product
documents with accuracy.
* Well organized with the ability to multitask between several
projects delegated by multiple parties.
* Demonstrated experience as a team player and able to achieve
assigned performance goals.
* Ability to handle pressure and hectic pace.
* Ability to work overtime when required.
* Regular and routine attendance.
* Someone who can speak Spanish is a plus
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and distance vision.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
* The employee is regularly required to walk and sit; climb or
balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of filling
* As the employee maintains and orders supplies the employee is
occasionally required to reach above shoulder height to access
storage cabinets and mail cubicles.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Travel: Once a month and quarterly as needed to regional
WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU*
* Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of
skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering,
project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who
collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to
* Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision,
401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
* ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from
us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
* Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and
* Professional Development Programs Educational reimbursements,
Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are
encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay Transparency
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire
U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to
apply.\n\nEqual Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.\nACCO will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
Keywords: Acco Engineered Systems, San Leandro , Facilites Coordinator, Professions , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!