Day Center Supervisor
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: September 16, 2023
THE POSTION: - Under the supervision of the Center Director, the
-Day Center Supervisor -manages the daily operations of the CEI
PACE program day center. Responsibilities include the planning,
coordination and implementation of all activities in the Day Center
as well as the supervision of the Center Geriatric Aides,
Activities Manager and Aide and the Center Administrative
Assistant. -The Day Center Supervisor is responsible for overseeing
all aspects of selected operational areas at the assigned center.
These operations may include but not limited to clinical support,
participant personal care, recreational activities, administrative,
meals and participant transportation. -The -Day Center Supervisor
-promotes the PACE model of operations to internal and external
customers to achieve ongoing census growth and satisfaction with
services and implements continuous process improvement projects to
serve the community to a high level of excellence.
The salary range for the Day Center Supervisor position at Center
For Elders Independence is
$ 63,800 - $ 95,780 Wages/salary are based on the market for the
Day Center Supervisor position, as well as experience, skills,
abilities and work history
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with the Center -Director, responsible for the
planning, coordinating, implementing and monitoring of the PACE
day-to-day activities, operations, physical plant, supplies and
- Responsible for the coordination and supervision of assigned
- Support and/or assist with process improvement efforts with
other department supervisors to achieve PACE operation goals by
setting priorities, reviewing budget guidelines, implementing job
assignments and expectations, and monitoring facility and staff
- Supports the Center Director -and/or leadership team in the
facilitation, leadership and monitoring of the Interdisciplinary
Team (IDT) meetings, including oversight of assigned IDT action
items, care coordination and utilization of health care
- Represents center management by attending required PACE
Committee meetings, including -QI, -Safety, and Participant
Advisory as assigned.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the annual
budget, and reviews monthly operation expenses to assure budgetary
compliance and identifies any budget variations as
- Assists the Center Director -with managing and monitoring PACE
center quality systems, including but not limited to: department
policies and procedures, clinical outcomes, cycle time,
productivity, and participant satisfaction for continuous service
- Assists the Center Director -with developing appropriate PACE
center processes to improve work efficiency and quality, reduce
operational costs and maintain staff accountability by performing
and auditing work flow analysis with existing departments.
- Assists with regulatory management, including compliance in all
areas of program operations, performance against established
service standards, and preparing -for audits and any -necessary
Corrective Action Plan (CAP) as needed and in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with the Center Director -to ensure compliance in
all areas of personnel management including recruitment, timely
employee evaluations, competency assessments, daily coverage,
training and staff development, CEU's, and disciplinary actions in
accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Reviews and approves direct report time cards for accuracy and
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures,
results, and information about participants, clients, or families
in conformance with HIPPAA principles.
- Supervises the use and work of contracted -staff -and
Volunteers -at the Center.
- Performs -other -duties -as assigned ABILITY TO:
- Ability to be an effective communicator, both oral and
- Excellent analytical and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and follow-through quickly and
- Demonstrates ability to interact positively with staff,
clients, patients, and the management team.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of standards of work for
operational areas assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience of process improvement
- Possess the capacity to work in a high stressed, high paced
environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with
- Excellent organizational skills, budget and business
- Basic understanding of interdisciplinary team managed care,
case management, -and/or -long term care required.
- Computer Literacy: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and
- Experience and knowledge regarding the physical, mental and
social needs of the elderly. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working collaboratively with some and/or all the
following disciplines: nursing, social work, psychology,
recreation, occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy,
dietetics, and/or gerontology required.
- Minimum of two years' experience in supervisor or management
position in healthcare or related field required.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Nursing, Psychology,
Gerontology, Health Care Administration or other health care
discipline preferred. License required if he/she has clinical
- Experience in process or quality improvement projects or
- Current CPR certification and First Aid training required.
Center for Elders' Independence is a PACE (Program of All-
Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an
interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care
implementation for the purpose of providing high quality,
affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly,
including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy,
quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their
communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a
"fee-for-service" plan. It is a "capitation" healthcare plan. CEI
is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program,
whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company
that offers stability and continues to thrive.
Keywords: Elders, San Leandro , Day Center Supervisor, Other , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!