Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: January 20, 2023
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Objective: Using various Hand, heated, and electric tools, and uses
individual wax patterns to assemble complete wax pattern trees
acceptable to the shelling department conforming to visual and
dimensional specifications on technique cards. Ensures that
documentation, tooling and parts are correctly matched to
Essential Job Functions:
* Following department priorities and instructions on individual
paperwork, collects specific part number and amount of wax
* If individual patterns have a soluble core, the parts must go
through the dissolving bath and cleaned as instructed on the
* Using various tools assembles individual wax patterns into fully
assembled wax trees for inspection and processing to the shelling
* Completed trees, if indicated by accompanying paperwork, are
water weighed and results documented on paperwork.
* Repairs parts, breaks bubbles, fuses cracked areas with hot iron,
and reinforces areas with hot wax and/or ceramic sticks and
smoothes areas with a knife or other hot tool.
* Uses such measuring devices as micrometers, calipers, and dial
* Rebuilds parts to level required by department instruction and
customer requirements as shown on accompanying paperwork.
* Final inspection takes place before the shelling department takes
responsibility for the wax pattern tree.
* Maintains accurate records of work performed.
* Meets all production and quality standards. Follows set OPC's and
* Must have good eye hand coordination.
* Performs all work deemed necessary to achieve Plant goals.
* Assists in training lower skilled classifications as
* Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and
in writing, read, follow and interpret instructions on technique
cards, code sheets as well as other verbal or written instructions
normally acquired by completing high school.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
* Ability to use simple to moderately complex measuring devices and
* Physical ability to perform the essential job functions.
For informational purposes only, the range of pay for this role is
$20 to $26 US Dollar (USD) Hourly based on a variety of factors.
For informational purposes only, this role is eligible to
participate in the Company's Quarterly Cash Bonus Plan, paid out at
the quarterly bonus factor of 1X the Company's bonus multiple,
based on the Company's performance in the applicable quarter.
Employees will receive 80 hours paid time off every year. Employees
will also receive 10 paid holidays. Employees (and their families)
are eligible to participate in the company's medical, dental,
vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are eligible to enroll
in the Company's 401(k) plan.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), San Leandro , Wax Operator, Other , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!