Outside Service Clerk
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: January 18, 2023
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Outside Service Clerk receives daily tasks, duties and
priorities. The OSP Clerk pulls, packages, and ships parts from
production in accordance with specifications provided on travelers
and purchase orders.The Outside Service Clerk is responsible for
following all safety procedures, including the usage of PPE
(personal protection equipment), the safe operation of equipment
and help to maintain a safe, clean work environment, including
general housekeeping duties. The Outside Service Clerk is
responsible for adhering to all company policies and
* Mark and/or tag all parts received and/or shipped in/out of
outside services to maintain lot integrity.
* Read travelers for work instructions to process parts for
production, inter plant transfers, and vendor shipments.
* Review travelers and check in order receipts from production,
inter plant transfers, and/or vendor shipments.
* Count parts to determine if work orders are received complete.
Double count parts as secondary count for potential discrepant work
* Notify OSP Lead for rejected, scrapped and/or discrepant parts
received for work order split(s).
* Pull, package, and ship parts, per traveler work instructions
and/or purchase order(s).
* Examine parts for F.O.D (Foreign Object Detection) and quality
standards for part receipts and/or shipments. Report any quality
variances/issues to OSP Lead.
* Verify parts are scheduled and/or shipped to the associated
vendor per purchase order and/or traveler instructions.
* Package and wrap parts, as needed, on pallets for shipping as
* Unpackage, sort and distribute parts per packing list(s) and/or
traveler work instruction(s).
* Review, receive and process vendor packing list(s) and/or
certificates for inbound shipments.
* Generate UPS labels for outbound shipments according to
travelers, work instructions and purchase orders.
* Maintain good housekeeping and clean work area in and/or around
* Works additional tasks and/or duties assigned by management to
support production needs.
* Associates are to work in a manner which meets company standards
for safety, security, and productivity.
* All other duties assigned.Position requirements include:
* Basic computer skills
* Prior receiving and shipping experience
* Forklift, electric pallet jack and manual pallet jack
* Ability to read and understand information presented in
* Ability to arrange things in a certain order or pattern according
to a specific rule or set of rules
* Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. on a regular basis
* Requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling
* Requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing
* May be requested to work additional days and/or hours to complete
tasks as needed
* May be requested to work weekend(s) and/or split shifts to
complete department goals
For informational purposes only, the range of pay for this role is
$21 to $32 US Dollar (USD) Hourly based on a variety of factors.
For informational purposes only, this role is eligible to
participate in the Company's Quarterly Cash Bonus Plan, paid out at
the quarterly bonus factor of 1X the Company's bonus multiple,
based on the Company's performance in the applicable quarter.
Employees will receive 80 hours paid time off every year. Employees
will also receive 10 paid holidays. Employees (and their families)
are eligible to participate in the company's medical, dental,
vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are eligible to enroll
in the Company's 401(k) plan.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), San Leandro , Outside Service Clerk, Other , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!