Whole Foods - Multiple Positions Available - San Ramon, CA
Company: Whole Foods Market
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: November 11, 2021
Located at Whole Foods in San Ramon, CA
Performs all functions relating to preparation, customer service,
counter service, stocking, and sanitation. All Whole Foods Market
Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing
courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team
Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance
with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team
Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in
other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to
support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and
store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all
applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and
regulatory duties required in the department.
- Performs production work in accordance with assigned team(s)
standards and procedures.
- May produce:
- Breads and pastries,
- Doughs, mixes, cakes, cookies, pies, and bars,
- Hot and cold prepared foods, including sandwiches, burritos,
wraps, and salads.
- Ensures all foods are properly labeled, dated, initialed,
covered, and rotated.
- Ensures product meets WFM guidelines for quality and
- Documents waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
- Ensures product production is performed using correct measuring
devices and all recipes are followed.
- Helps customers understand the difference between WFM products
and products at conventional stores.
- Ensures that walk-ins and freezers are kept clean and
- Ensures the safe handling of all food items in accordance with
WFM and government standards.
- Maintains all production modules in the Datapax
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of
customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive
selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper
procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary
working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or
- Thorough product knowledge.
- Ability to make an adequate number of recipes per shift
based on batch size.
- Capable of accessing information about market conditions and
communicating it to customers.
- Understands spoilage and supply waste and how it affects
- Working knowledge and application of all merchandising
expectations within the department.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to
work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality
- No prior retail experience required.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing),
32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
knives, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, hand trucks, six-wheel
carts, balers, and other heavy machinery.
Note: The purpose of this document is to
provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the
position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does
not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position.
Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any
job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher
level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level.
Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for
similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or
geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An
individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current
position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in
order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for
the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the
most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain
milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification,
time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the
higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal
employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age,
marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
Keywords: Whole Foods Market, San Leandro , Whole Foods - Multiple Positions Available - San Ramon, CA, Other , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!