Environmental, Health and Safety Manager - RCCB
Company: Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: October 13, 2021
This position develops and implements Environmental, Health,
Safety (EHS) programs, and may also include Sustainability related
programs in support of overall company strategy. This may be
a multi-site support role working in conjunction with site
management to build capability and provide EHS subject matter
expertise and functional support for manufacturing and/or
distribution facilities. The EHS manager is responsible for
leading and managing employee health and safety, environmental
activities, and this position may also be responsible for facility
sustainability, which may require Process Safety Management,
Wastewater Operations, Hazardous Materials Shipment, and other
Compliance program tracking.
This role reports to EHS Director, dotted line to the Plant
Manager, and will partner with other support functions within the
company to implement and manage EHS programs, trainings, and may
support sustainability efforts. This position will support
and drive continuous improvement of key performance metrics through
project management and facility initiatives. This role will
coordinate with site leadership team and functional management, HR,
support return to work programs, and other corporate
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce workplace injuries
and accidents, to ensure continued compliance with regulatory and
- Implement, evaluate and/or certify effectiveness of company EHS
programs and systems through inspections and audits.
- Provide SME guidance & leadership to assist organizational
compliance with EHS related rules & regulations.
- May help to improve energy/water/recycling efficiency of
- Identify improvement opportunities and then capture, deploy &
share best practices.
- Implementation and management of on-going ergonomic, asbestos,
ammonia, wastewater, storm water and other compliance
- Work with facility and Fleet personnel to ensure RCRA, OSHA and
DOT operational compliance.
- May assist site Operational Excellence (OE) and Management
Systems Facilitator (MSF), conduct or respond to health and safety
assessments/analyses in plants and/or distribution facilities
(e.g., worker exposure, defining drug/alcohol testing
protocol) to minimize health and safety risks.
- Conduct risk assessment by identifying and assessing potential
magnitude of risk (e.g., environmental, safety, regulatory,
production feasibility and quality) and creating contingency
- May participate in worker’s compensation claims reviews.
- May coordinate & direct internal recycling programs.
- Gather & analyze EHS data, develop goals/targets & manage
scorecards, databases, and dashboards for EHS related programs &
- Assist with site gap assessments & corrective action plan
- Develop and deploy EHS awareness and compliance training
programs as appropriate to all levels of operations and
- Support environmental site clean-up projects as needed (USTs,
superfund sites, etc.)
- Work with Legal concerning permit applications, compliance
queries and responses to OSHA, EPA & other regulatory bodies.
- Prepare for plant emergency situations in plant by establishing
emergency response organization including assistance of injured
- Ensure provision of timely EHS awareness and compliance
training programs as appropriate to all levels of operations and
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
within a team environment.
- Ensure programs meet all Federal, State, country and local
regulatory & licensing requirements and policy requirements, and
includes assessed site EHS risks and management of compliance
calendars and actions
- During times of serious incident, serve as a site member of the
crisis management team by directing efforts when requested,
offering recommendations, interpreting regulations, and completing
communication, including government regulators or agencies.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 6+ years of related
experience in safety, risk management and/or environmental or High
School Diploma with 9+ years of related experience in safety, risk
management and/or environmental.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to design, develop and implement effective safety
systems for continual improvement and risk reduction.
- Knowledge of local, state or federal environmental, health and
safety regulations; how to access resources (e.g., regulatory
agencies, consulting firms, web-based information); and evaluate
resources as applicable to facilities within Company system.
- Technical Communication to Non-Technical Audience: Ability to
break down or modify complex technical information as needed to
communicate it orally or in writing to non-technical Company staff
(e.g., senior managers, customers, or consumers).
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the Food & Beverage industry.
- Leadership and/or supervisory experience is a plus..
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies a plus.
- Technical knowledge and progress towards one or more industry
certifications: licensed CSP (BSCP), CIH (ABIH).
- Ability to design, develop and implement effective
environmental management systems for continual improvement and risk
- Industrial Hygiene: Knowledge of procedures used to anticipate,
recognize, evaluate and control physical, chemical, biological and
- Safety and Environmental Management System (ISO 18001 &
- Safety: Knowledge of food/beverage industry practices and
programs used in the reduction or elimination of workplace
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the
nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery
schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of
Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and
punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual
in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement
due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources
department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be
As an Equal Opportunity
Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select
applicants for employment solely on the basis of their
qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those
relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations
and self-development opportunities, will be administered without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender
identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State
Government. Drug Free Employer.
Keywords: Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling, San Leandro , Environmental, Health and Safety Manager - RCCB, Other , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!