Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
As a senior engineer for chassis component testing, you will
help design and setup tests for components and systems which define
the lateral, longitudinal and vertical control of world leading
electric vehicles. You will be viewed as a technical leader of
testing practices on the chassis team which will help guide the
design work of your colleagues.
- Design, develop and run tests which exercise suspension,
steering and brake components, and systems to ensure they will meet
customer expectations (strength, durability, stiffness, corrosion,
- Design test fixtures for use with multiple actuators setups for
- Update system DVP based on FMEA inputs and past experience
- Review and guide component DVPs of chassis team members
- Strain gauge components and properly calibrate for data
collection during testing
- Work closely with stakeholders and attribute owners across the
company (vehicle safety, vehicle dynamics, NVH, durability,
- Assist with vehicle level testing as needed
- Manage multiple complex projects in a demanding
- 5+ years of automotive industry experience, mostly focused on
- Personally design and conducted tests for steering, suspension
and/or brake systems
- Proven track record of data collection and data post
- Experience with MTS damper dyno or similar
- Experience with Instron or another tensile testing machine
- Proficient with 3D CAD
- Hands-on practical experience in prototype assembly
- Project leadership and mentoring skills
- 10+ years of automotive industry experience
- Proficiency with Ipetronik or similar data logger
- Proficiency with Matlab, Python or Octave for data post
- Experience with CATIA V5/V6
- Knowledge of vehicle crash safety principles
- Knowledge of NVH principles
- Ability to run CAE analysis tools
- Driven-vehicle attributes development experience
- BS/BEng or MS/MEng, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.