Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Stamping Engineer, Product
Engineering. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do
attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and
determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate
excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to
learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced
- Be part of the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and work
closely with the Product Design Engineers in body structures,
closures, and exteriors during the studio, prototype, and
production product engineering phase.
- Provide prompt feedback on product design proposals to ensure
manufacturability, feasibility, optimized layout and cost.
- Partner with studio, design engineering, and manufacturing to
ensure consideration of slip lines, shock lines, and other
A-surface relevant aspects.
- Consider and help balance all Simultaneous Engineering aspects
of the designs.
- Work with the manufacturing stamping team and support approval
of supplier forming simulation setup and output.
- Maintain documentation of internal or external communication,
processing data, and other pertinent product information.
- Assists development with new process or materials as
- Drive all aspects of design for stamping and support product
engineers in design decision making in detail design.
- Travel is minimal however required as needed (US &
- BS degree, Mechanical Engineering major
- Tool & Die Apprenticeship with experience is a plus.
- Experience in Tool Engineering in a high-volume manufacturing
environment with an emphasis on material forming simulations for
Aluminum and Steel.
- Fluency in PLM systems and the ability to function as a bridge
between Product Design and Toolmakers.
- Aluminum Class A, BIW and Closures experience with focus on the
design and build of stamping dies.
- Must have the ability to travel internationally.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills.
- Working knowledge of current manufacturing techniques in metal
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Effective skill in establishing and maintaining working
relationships with a wide range of individuals.
- Strong engineering fundamentals, time management, and analytic
- Knowledge of material properties, mechanics of materials and
how these materials react when subjected to varying stamping
- Ability to remain current with state-of-the-art technologies
and practices related to the metal stamping process as well as
develop innovative solutions when necessary.
- Experience in forming at elevated temperatures a plus.
- Able to use MS Excel, Project, Word, Atlassian JIRA.
- Advanced proficiency in Cad software – CATIA
- In-depth experience with the Autoform suite for stamping
simulation and value analysis / value engineering (VAVE) is a
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.