Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Functional Safety Engineer for
Production, Operation, Service and Decommissioning. This position
requires experienced professionals with hands-on experience in
functional safety engineering in the context of ISO 26262 at an OEM
or Tier 1 with focus on Part 7 – Production, Operation, Service and
Decommissioning. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and
approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates
will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective
fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for
perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Support developing the functional safety process for
production, operation, service and decommissioning related
- Identifying the functional safety items within Lucid's vehicle
production, operation, service and decommissioning processes.
- Maintaining current and future vehicle production and service
process changes to adhere to functional safety.
- Represent functional safety at the process change review board
- Oversee the program Functional safety readiness process and
- Working with process leaders to derive appropriate changes to
the process that mitigate risks to functional safety.
- Analyze the impact of functional safety as it pertains to tool
installation, tool maintenance schedules and procedures, and derive
corrective actions to mitigate functional safety risk.
- Support developing functional safety process for vehicle
servicing and ensuring constant monitoring of servicing
- Extensive in-depth knowledge of ISO 26262 and experience
developing and delivering the major work products of Part-7 of ISO
- Deep knowledge of automotive software development process and
the V-Model system development, verification and validation
- Experience supporting external/third-party reviews of
functional safety work products.
- Understanding of the product safety responsibility share
between supplier and OEM.
- Experience with functional safety tools (e.g. Medini, APIS IQ)
and requirements management tools (e.g. Jama).
- Drive to be an advocate for safety across all levels of
hardware and software development.
- Excellent writing, verbal and organization skills
Self-discipline and self-direction in high energy start-up
- A strong attention to detail and desire to create the very best
- A collaborative approach to working closely with development
- Excellent writing, verbal and organization skills.
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.