Applications Engineer, Charging Infrastructure and Smart Energy
Company: Lucid Motors
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking an Applications Engineer, Charging
Infrastructure and Smart Energy Systems. This position requires an
experienced engineering professional with a wide background and
knowledge base in charging station hardware and communications
systems. The successful candidate will have considerable experience
in planning, deploying, commissioning and maintaining EV charging
infrastructure. This position requires constant alignment with
internal departments that include Facilities, Vehicle Testing,
Power Electronics, Marketing, Sales, Service, Manufacturing and
Logistics to propose, design and deploy adequate charging
infrastructure for the various department needs.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches
his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be
expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to
possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection
within a fast-paced environment.
- Design site layouts for deployments of charging and energy
products and systems
- Collaborate with facilities electrical engineers to prepare
technical drawings, single-line diagrams, schematics, cost
estimates, BOM, and specifications of electrical systems to ensure
that installation and operations conform to standards and company
- Collaborate with facilities to define work packages and bid out
installation of charging infrastructure to general contractors
- Develop charging infrastructure standard operating procedures,
installation guidelines, technical bulletins and reliability
reports that provide cost efficiencies and oversight into
- Commission charging stations (DC & AC), evaluating the
installation, configuration, and operation of individual components
and integrated systems
- Document commissioning details; communicate deficiencies and
- Respond to correct maintenance issues on EVSEs, commercial
solar PV, and energy storage systems
- Systematically troubleshoot complex issues; work
cross-functionally to identify root-cause and implement corrective
actions with vendors and internal teams
- Attend internal and external meetings and serve as a technical
resource to other Engineers, Contractors/Installers, and Project
- Travel to various locations where company deploys charging
infrastructure, such as factories, stores, service centers and
- Develop and maintain relationships with hardware and software
vendors for EVSEs and charging station management systems.
- Understand and manage service contracts and warranty agreements
with EVSE vendors.
- Coordinate with Product team on new product introduction
activities, collect & organize customer feedback to drive product
and solution improvement.
- Experience in sourcing and deploying charging
- Experience in commissioning and trouble-shooting EVSEs
- Knowledge on charging standards, EVSEs, solar and smart energy
- Familiar with IoT networking systems configuration
- Ability to read and understand design schematics, construction
documents, and technical repair and install guides for charging
- Experience interfacing with utilities and their respective
application and approval processes
- Language proficiency in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Networked into global charging infrastructure and services
- Experience with electrical design of EVSE installations in a
residential and commercial environment
- Experience with smart energy ecosystems including EVSEs, energy
storage systems, solar and building energy management
- Well-connected with various utilities to ensure timely receipt
of key approvals
- C-10 or C-46 contractor license
- Minimum – BS in electrical engineering, civil engineering,
mechanical engineering or similar, MS in electrical engineering
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, San Leandro , Applications Engineer, Charging Infrastructure and Smart Energy, Other , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!