Mechanical Engineer, Motor-Gearbox Design
Company: Lucid Motors
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
As a Mechanical Engineer on the Motor-Gearbox Engineering
team, you will help design, develop and improve current and future
generations of EV mechanical propulsion systems and components for
Lucid vehicles, motorsports programs and other applications. Your
responsibilities will be a combination of engineering problem
solving, design ownership and cross-functional collaboration. You
will work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with talented
and passionate colleagues who share your enthusiasm for technical
excellence and innovation.
- Help design and develop the next generation of EV mechanical
propulsion systems, subsystems, and components, including motors,
geartrains, castings, lubrication systems and other structural,
thermal, and rotational components.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Test, Manufacturing, Quality,
Software, Supply Chain, Vehicle Attributes, and other teams to
solve challenges and achieve breakthroughs that will take Lucid’s
powertrain technologies and products to the next level.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Outstanding technical problem-solving abilities based in a
strong grasp of engineering fundamentals
- Demonstrated understanding of design for relevant manufacturing
- Strong CAD skills - preferably CATIA V6/3DX
- Demonstrated understanding of GD&T
- Disciplined organization and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive mindset and strong work ethic
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing
- Collaborative, team player personality
- Automotive powertrain experience - especially transmission and
EV powertrain systems
- Hands-on mechanical fabrication, prototyping and/or test
- Previous direct involvement in product launch or manufacturing
support for mass production
- Experience with DFMEA, 8D, DOE, Six Sigma, or other structured
- BS, minimum (MS, preferred) in mechanical engineering or a
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, San Leandro , Mechanical Engineer, Motor-Gearbox Design, Other , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!