Technical Project Manager, Seating Systems
Company: Lucid Motors
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are looking for an experienced professional Project Manager
with a proven track record of excellence and managerial
achievement. The candidate will have experience in the development
and production of Seating Systems. They must have a
comprehensive understanding of relevant technology, the related
development cycle. The candidate would be responsible for managing
periodic engineering changes, supplier related issues, service
parts, warranty improvement. This candidate will have proactive
communication, so each individual team member remains aware of the
timing and delivery expectations placed upon them and that critical
issues are identified and brought to the attention of senior
management with gauged advance notice.
The candidate is expected to have in depth knowledge of
Complete Seat Development, Structure & Mechanisms Development,
Comfort Systems, Testing & experience with launch of complex
Seating Systems programs.
- Leadership: Motivate the team to meet commitments to the
established timing. Negotiate with internal and external groups,
vendors and customer. Ability to identify the root cause of a
problem, develop corrective action plans and lead the team to an
- Proactive Communication: As the central point of communication,
the candidate would be responsible to keep the team members aware
of their deliverables and timing commitments. The candidate
establishes meeting cadence and monitors attendance to assure the
correct team members are present at each meeting. Creates agenda,
schedules meetings and keeps the meeting on task. Provides team
information needed to perform tasks. Actively includes suppliers as
a member of the team.
- Scope Management: Communicate the impact of scope changes to
the executive & program team in a timely manner in terms of cost,
timing, product, quality of execution and impact on the program.
Publish and maintain the ESOWs and ensure all scope changes are
captured in the documents. Manage the risk of engineering changes
and keep management informed of significant changes and their
effect on the program.
- Timing: Effectively manages overall program timing for key
program activities. Creates and manages open issues list that is
clear and concise with due dates and deliverables. Leads the team
in effective risk management techniques to ensure timing
commitments are met.
- Global Management Skills: Function in a different culture while
matching his/her interpersonal style to the culture they are
working in. Has awareness and respect for different cultures.
- Define the work packages and develop the master timing plan
including key dependencies (Structure, Mechanisms, Complete Seat
systems, DVP&R, End of Line Testing, etc.)
- Track and manage the backlog of key actions and risks that
enable the development process.
- Interact closely with all necessary domains, from engineering,
manufacturing, supply chain, sales/marketing, finance and
- Facilitate product and functional/technical safety requirement
and test case documentation, as well as architecture
- Coordinate vendor and display selection across engineering,
supply chain, design… Play a primary role in
outsourcing activities including RFP and SOW development,
coordination of technical and performance evaluation, negotiation
of commercial and technical terms (in support of supply chain) and
the management of outsourced development activities.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience project managing Seating
Systems development programs
- Experience holding team sync-ups that deliver measured project
status instantaneously. Jira, Confluence or similar planning
- A minimum of 5 years in Seating Systems design & development
including Complete Seats, Structure & Mechanisms, Plastics & Foam
- A proven track record of bringing seating products from the
early development phase to production.
- Experience engaging, working and managing the output of
- Experience with best practices and tools for development of
- Experience in leading & developing Complete Seats & Seat
Structure & Mechanisms
- Experience with vehicle integration and test processes
- Experience with test and build aspects of seats
- A strong ability to discern between lower and higher
- Learn very quickly with an aptitude for technical subjects
- Ability to move easily between tactical and strategic
- BS minimum in an engineering discipline
- PMP certification preferred
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, San Leandro , Technical Project Manager, Seating Systems, Other , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!