Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
As Engineer, Special Projects you will be the main point of
contact in Vehicle Engineering for a variety of new and exciting
projects, where multiple competing interests exist.
Using expertise that spans the full breath of mechanical
disciplines, you will drive optimal resolution of engineering
issues from overall concept development through
- Perform high-level concept development for special project
tasks on system and vehicle level while understanding how to
optimize these systems for efficiency, cost, weight, ergonomics,
manufacturability and serviceability
- Provide support for leadership to the engineering team(s) in
solving highly complex problems
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple competing work
assignments ranging from project managerial tasks, engineering,
interface coordination, and prototype manufacturing
- Collaborate with engineers and studio to support hardware
fabrication, interface with suppliers and machine shops for
delivery of mechanical hardware
- Lead and drive execution of these various projects in close
coordination with leadership
- Support CAD studies e.g. for vehicle variants and platform
- 3-5 years of Engineering experience with an automotive OEM or
supplier. Working knowledge of automotive interior, exterior,
chassis, and mechanical packaging preferred
- Conversant with current and forthcoming vehicle architectures
and system technologies
- Experience with Project Management and Product Lifecycle
- Extensive CAD experience (CATIA preferred), and demonstrated
ability in developing and designing product solutions. You must be
able to operate a CATIA system and create packaging drawings and
proposals as needed
- Passion for electric vehicles and energy efficiency
- Motivation, flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and
dynamic work environment with tight timing constraints
- Proven problem solving and communication skills, excellent
numeracy and spatial awareness
- Desire a candidate who is assertive, self-motivated and can
work with minimal direction
- BS or MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.