Alameda Health System is seeking an experienced Lead EPIC
Hospital Billing Application Analyst who will utilize their
clinical expertise in performing complex systems analysis,
revenue-cycle workflows, revenue-cycle user's support, and
At Alameda Health System, we are dedicated to creating a
positive and safe work environment for our patients, staff, and
community. We promote equity of experience and opportunity to
ensure staff of all background feel included and welcome.
As the Lead EPIC Application Analyst, you have a solid
understanding in EPIC Hospital Billing from an IT software
application perspective which will be instrumental as you lead
implementations, deployments, and upgrade projects. You will be a
key Subject Matter Expert in financial functionality related to
Hospital Billing, revenue-cycle workflows, revenue-cycle user's
You will work closely with clinicians to create and/or adapt
written protocols and prepare detailed specs encompassing clinical
processes, information flow, risk, and impact analysis.
Additionally, you will provide customer service, troubleshooting,
and maintenance. As a technical leader in clinical applications,
you will apply advanced professional concepts and extensive
industry knowledge to lead and/or work on medium to large projects
of broad scope and complexity.
NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in
this classification; however, employees may perform other related
duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are
necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Act in an appropriate and professional manner as defined by the
company's Standards of Behavior, Policy and Procedures, and Scope
- Role model AHS Standards of Behavior.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word,
Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Current office administrative practices and procedures.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar, and
- Use independent judgment and initiative within established
policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a
variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic, and
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management, organizational, prioritization,
- Good interpersonal, presentation skills.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely
provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as
possession of any required licenses or certifications is
Education: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from an
accredited college or university.
Experience: Seven years Information Technology experience within
a multi-entity, healthcare environment.
Preferred Experience: Prior Epic implementation experience;
experience with clinical applications in either inpatient or
outpatient setting; experience with revenue cycle applications or
patient access services.
Licenses/Certifications: Current Epic certification or
attainment of Epic certification within six months of
Following is a non-exhaustive list of areas in which experience
is strongly preferred:
Epic Hospital Billing (HB) Administration certification and
minimum three years' experience implementing and/or supporting
Epic's HB application as an IT analyst/builder.
- CDM consolidation, Fee Schedules, and interfacing HB with CDM
- Charge-Router experience as a builder/analyst
- Case Management workflows and its impact on Hospital
- Epic's charge-capture workflows for various clinical
- Knowledge of Medi-Cal (California Medicaid) and Medicare
- Core HB functionality like system-action, work-queues, DNBs
- Local candidates preferred but relocation candidates will be
considered. This position will participate in a rotating on-call
PLEASE NOTE: OUR IT TEAM IS CURRENTLY WORKING REMOTELY PER CDC
AND ALAMEDA COUNTY SHELTER IN PLACE MANDATE, HOWEVER, ONCE S.I.P.
MANDATES ARE LIFTED, THE IT TEAM IS EXPECTED TO RETURN ONSITE, BUT
WILL ACCOMMODATE SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS PER LOCAL AND STATE
ALAMEDA HEALTH SYSTEM EMPLOYEES ONLY: This position is eligible
for a $5,000 employee referral bonus to employees who refer
candidates via the Role Point Referral Portal that are successfully
hired. For more information on the Employee Referral program &
eligibility, please visit the Recruitment Intranet page:http://ahsconnects/departments/recruitment-services/employee-referral/