Quality Assurance Manager
Company: Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: June 11, 2021
The Quality Assurance Manager is an expert to Operating
Entities concerning scientific, regulatory, technical, food safety
and/or quality related to The Coca-Cola Company Brands. Is
responsible for establishing Quality and Reliability
standards. Expected to follow up on consumer complaints,
product recalls and quality related issues. A specific focus
of this position is compliance through capability building.
Leadership in the review and mitigation of Quality system failures,
non-conformances, and incidents to drive risk mitigation is
required. This role is expected to achieve financial
objectives related to Quality.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited
- Lead the Quality Authorization process for Operating Entities
- Analyze metrics to demonstrate compliance to Company
- Drive corrective action and continuous improvement initiatives
to mitigate risk and meet system goals.
- Gather and organize information to support senior management's
decision making during a crisis situation.
- Review audit results and identify the severity of audit
findings or the risk associated with the findings to ensure the
appropriate level of action is taken to eliminate
- Provide support to customers and partners to identify, manage
or resolve incidents in order to maintain product integrity and
trademarks and minimize interruptions to Company or customer
- Act as scientific, regulatory, technical or quality expert and
consultant by responding to targeted questions from the field or
other departments/business units and providing support to branches,
bottlers and customers. This includes acting as a resource for
general information and acting as a consultant for other technical
personnel in the Company.
- Protect information provided in confidence from outside sources
(bottlers and other business partners) and ensure this information
is not disseminated to those not directly involved.
- Determine personal actions needed to satisfy a customer/client
- Establish relationships and work effectively with external
individuals/parties (e.g., customers, bottlers, consumers,
communities, government agencies, vendors, suppliers) in order to
create opportunities for the Company to meet financial goals.
- Build and develop relationships with peers and others to
exchange feedback on product/service issues, identify and/or solve
problems, assess needs, and/or achieve business results.
- Build an understanding of the customer/client/partner needs and
expectations within your area of accountability.
- Work with cross-functional teams to meet short and long-term
business objectives. Includes using both established procedures and
developing new approaches.
- Analysis and interpretation of technical information to provide
governance and stewardship; and to identify new approaches to
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- ISO 9001 and 22001 lead auditor
- HACCP, PCQ1 and GMP compliance
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ related work experience in Quality Assurance in a
- 5+ years of Food and/or Beverage industry experience in
- Advanced Packaging: Knowledge of packaging materials (e.g., can
and end, closure, glass bottle, plastic bottles, and thermally
processed and sensitive beverages). Includes knowledge of material
design, functionality, performance standards, specifications and
test procedures. Also includes knowledge of manufacturing, filling,
supply chain and costing.
- Advanced Product Development: Ability to apply scientific and
technical knowledge to deliver new products or product
improvements. This includes knowledge of consumer behavior, product
positioning and branding, and marketplace dynamics.
- Advanced Project Management: Ability to support/lead capital
(e.g., construction) and/or high-profile projects that involve
- Advanced Regulatory Affairs: Ability to interact with
government officials to represent the Company or soft drink
industry while explaining complex scientific data, reports or
issues. This includes the ability to anticipate issues or concerns
of interest to public health officials in order to respond to those
concerns and the ability to advocate a position in a
- Advanced Regulatory Knowledge: Expert knowledge of the
regulatory and political landscape (e.g., regulations, issues)
affecting food and beverages globally. This includes the ability to
manage PAR approvals (including MSDS and transportation) and
interact with field on customs issues. It also includes the ability
to manage complex regulatory issues affecting products,
ingredients, packages or claims.
- Basic Food Science Knowledge: Food chemistry, Food engineering,
Food toxicology and Food microbiology to make judgments about the
safety of ingredients, beverages, manufacturing techniques,
packaging and storage conditions.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature
of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules,
order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of
Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job
functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able
to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should
contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any,
reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
As an Equal Opportunity
Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select
applicants for employment solely on the basis of their
qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those
relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations
and self-development opportunities, will be administered without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender
identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State
Government. Drug Free Employer.
Keywords: Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling, San Leandro , Quality Assurance Manager, Other , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!