Part-Time Food Services Associate
Company: United Pacific
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Food Services Associate is primarily responsible for
completing sales transactions within the establishment and
performing other support functions which may include cleaning the
food, display and/or stock areas and assisting with stocking
activities; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the
business or as assigned by management. Employees in this
classification receive direct supervision within a framework of
well-defined United Pacific company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Helping customers purchase products by fully understanding the
available products and having knowledge of product
- Meet, greet, and thank customers in a friendly and timely
manner, providing the best customer service and handling complaints
quickly and tactfully.
- Handle cash register transactions quickly and accurately
(process cash purchases; make correct change; process credit/debit
card transactions; etc.)
- Assists in locating, reconciling, and verifying the accuracy of
transactions and operate equipment with peripheral electronic data
- Maintains a solid knowledge of products and services available
- Set up, clean and stock customer eating area(s), work stations,
equipment, and other assigned area(s).
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas
by hand or cart.
- Assists with a variety of kitchen-related functions as
- Receive, inventory, move, and lift food and beverage products
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Regular attendance and adherence to scheduled shifts is
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Cash handling and customer service experience preferred.
- Must be able to provide proof of authorization to work in the
United States if hired.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, in both verbally
and written form.
- Ability to work varying shifts, including overnight shifts and
- Ability to concentrate when in a fast-paced restaurant
environment while managing multiple tasks.
- Basic mathematical skills and knowledge are required.
- Demonstrated interest and willingness to serve the public in a
positive manner at all times.
- Capable of working in small spaces at times.
- Physical abilities necessary:
- Ability to endure prolonged periods of standing, walking,
bending and stooping and adhere to proper techniques to ensure
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 20lbs across
- Ability to occasionally push and pull with arms up to a force
of 20lbs (i.e., utilizing hand truck)
To be successful at United Pacific, each of us must embrace the
"I Got It!" culture, which is driven by our core values:
- We Are United. One Team, One Goal,
- People-Focused. Connected, Caring, Respectful,
- Taking Pride. In All We Do,
- Results Matter. Personal, Team, Company.
This culture influences our daily work and enhances our service
commitment to our customers, vendor partners, communities, and each
other. It helps define who we are today and guides us to become
even better tomorrow.
The job qualifications described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. If accepting an offer of employment, applicant
must be able to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
United Pacific is an EOE.
Keywords: United Pacific, San Leandro , Part-Time Food Services Associate, Other , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!