Important Note: During the application process, ensure your
contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and
upload your current resume when submitting your application for
consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will
need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by
both email and text message. In order to receive text message
invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number
designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact
information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put
our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking
candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a
workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with
outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development,
and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo
infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells
Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and
innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our
customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
Consumer & Small Business Banking Technology is a
customer-focused organization that delivers the next generation of
payments capabilities; advances digital offerings; enables
innovation to develop new customer experiences and products; and
enhances digital channels, branches, contact centers, and ATM
There is an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer who
will be responsible for building highly scalable, resilient
microservices. You will be joining an inspiring and curious team of
technologists dedicated to improving the design, development,
coding, testing and business logic that goes into creating high
Primary Responsibilities Include
- The candidate will be working on an Agile and collaborative
environment with Business users and other technology partners.
- Hands on Programming, unit testing and building high quality
Microservices that is manageable, reliable and maintainable.
- Candidate will be working with Product Owners, Application
Architects and business functional leaders to design and implement
business Microservices using various open source technologies,
tools and best practices and Microservices design patterns.
- Responsible for introducing new tools and technologies to
accelerate Microservices Development.
- Actively Practice Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior
Driven Development (BDD) while developing new features and
refactoring existing code.
- Contributes to Dev Ops, Test Automation and automated build and
- Participates in code reviews, design reviews and refactoring
discussions with multiple domain and delivery teams to ensure high
quality deliverable, aligned with standards and best
- Monitors code quality, security issues and manages technical
- Responsible for application support and address operational
issues and client defects via standard processes.
- Champions continuous improvements in the organization.
- Identifies important emerging technologies and leads in
analysis of their benefits and impact.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership and mentorship
to the other engineers on the team.
This position also includes being part of an on-call (24x7)
- 2+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 2+ years of Spring experience
- 2+ years of experience leading the requirement design process
with both technical and business partners
- 3 + years of Core Java experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience with Software Development Life Cycle
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- An industry-standard technology certification
Other Desired Qualifications
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with
the ability to effectively communicate complex technical solutions
to non technical personnel.
- 2+ years of experience in Microservices development
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud architecture, framework
and design patterns
- Experience with Git and Github version control, Jenkins,
SonarQube, Gradle, and Defect Tracking (JIRA) tools
- Experience with Monitoring tools like Splunk & AppDynamics
- Experience with Kafka & MongoDB
- Ability to work on call as assigned
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment, including weekends
CA-SF-South Of Market Area: 45 Fremont Street - San Francisco,
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
CA-San Leandro: 794 Davis St - San Leandro, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon
the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
for benefits information.