Facility Color Blender
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in
careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come
from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We
provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and
drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths
and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow
and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from
all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are
encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for the operation and maintenance
of all color matching and mixing equipment. The incumbent conducts
draw-downs and prepares and blends customer orders to meet their
specifications, while maintaining detailed records of their work
orders and formulas.
- Prepare customer orders, including blending initial batch,
making shade adjustments, filling and labeling batches.
- Make shade and gloss adjustments to meet customer
- Use Phoenix System including generating COA's and QA
- Prepare spray-out and draw-down test panels.
- Expense miss-tints daily.
- Establish and maintain accurate customer work order files and
- Ensure customers' quality and service expectations are
- Clean and repair store equipment
- Identify facility/equipment problems and make
- Operate all material handling, tinting, mixing and testing
equipment in a safe manner.
- Properly store all partial containers to correct inventory
- Provide input regarding inventory levels in the
- Identify potential obsolete/damaged material and handle per
- Maintain daily clean up of lab, product service room and
- Maintain facility to S-W standards through proper maintenance,
repair and housekeeping.
- Follow designated loss prevention, security and safety
practices according to policy and correct or report non-compliance
of appropriate procedures/policies.
- Take immediate action to contain spillage using hazardous
material containment procedures as outlined in the Work Safe
Manual, including proper and timely reporting.
- Assist with general warehouse, delivery and customer service
duties as needed, including loading and unloading of material and
waiting on customers.
- Know stock limits and be familiar with stock order
- Assist with physical inventory
- Help manage PSR expenses as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed.
- Employee must have a valid driver's license.
- Employee may be required to retrieve material from shelves and
lift and carry up to 50lbs and up to 100 lbs. on occasion.
- Must be able to tint paint, therefore, must be able to
distinguish one or more chromatic colors.
- Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be
able to wear a respirator as required.
- Employee must be able to operate a hand truck and/or material
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment
without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive
and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive
consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against
based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability,
age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any
other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state
and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority
referral of Protected Veterans.
Keywords: Sherwin-Williams, San Leandro , Facility Color Blender, Other , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!