Equal Opportunity Employer:
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Manages employees and activities of the transportation
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Monitors transportation work processes, procedures and
expenses, and establishes programs which drive team performance
toward departmental and organizational goals.
- Provides direction and expertise on the implementation of
cost-effective transportation systems required by the company.
- Develops and ensures implementation of policies and procedures
covering rate negotiation and purchase of transportation, freight
bill auditing and overcharge claims, fleet management, and optimum
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to
- Identifies and analyzes transportation costs, equipment
availability, and service levels, making recommendations as
required to improve the effectiveness of transportation
- Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timeliness and
ensures quality control in adherence to policies and
- Ensures that unit is in compliance with tariff rules, I.C.C.
regulations, and federal and state transportation laws.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting,
coaching, and training employees and evaluating employee
performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is
the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 7 full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of 90+ full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of
degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of
relevant work experience.
- Experience: Seven years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other
- Valid driver's license required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a
competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a
Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees
also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please
note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking
for, please click "Apply."