HOUSEKEEPER - VILLA FAIRMONT MHRC
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health
care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the
community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health
services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with
public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have
over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And
we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to
empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of
As part of the Telecare family, Villa Fairmont is licensed as a
99-bed Mental Health Rehabilitation Center. It serves adults who
have a history of serious and persistent mental illness with
Employment Status: On-Call
Shift: Varies as needed
Days: Varies as needed
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
We exist to help people with mental impairments realize their
Telecare will deliver and manage excellent services and systems
of care for persons with serious mental illness.
The Housekeeper is the staff member that performs tasks that
involve cleaning and servicing the building areas of the facility.
In addition, a variety of housekeeping duties are performed in
order to maintain the facility in an orderly, sanitary and
One (1) year of relevant experience in the hotel, motel, health
care or a similar work environment is required. Experience in a
health care setting is preferred. High school graduation or a
G.E.D. equivalent is preferred. Incumbents in this position must
have the ability to read, write and speak English in order to
follow written and verbal directions. Good communication skills and
a desire to work with mentally impaired adults are crucial.
Applicant must be finger printed, sign under penalty of perjury
that there has been no conviction of any crime, other than minor
traffic offenses, and receive clearance from the Department of
KEY RESULT AREAS
MISSION, VALUES AND BELIEFS
- Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs
in everyday language and contact with clients, the public and other
QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF WORK
- Performs tasks correctly and according to policies and
- Thoroughly and consistently performs the following cleaning
- sweeps, mops, vacuums, buffs, strips, washes and shampoos floor
- cleans and dusts furniture, closets, telephone areas and
- scours, polishes and sanitizes sinks, counters, stainless steel
surfaces and waste receptacles
- empties waste receptacles and cleans solid waste containers and
transports medical waste to outside storeroom, as directed.
- washes windows and walls, which may involve removing draperies
and rugs, as directed.
- washes mops, rags and linen, as directed.
- gathers and returns needed cleaning supplies and equipment
daily to support rooms, as directed.
- distributes the clean laundry, from the clean linen closet to
the nursing staff, as directed.
- collects dirty laundry from the nursing areas and moves it to
the loading area for pickup as directed.
TEAM MEMBER PARTICIPATION
- Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting
observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions.
JUDGMENT, DECISION MAKING AND INITIATIVE
- Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and
- Reports defective equipment or needed repairs to
- Executes, as required, the facility Fire, Disaster and Safety
- Assists with the management of assaultive behavior upon request
by the clinical staff.
- Reports fire and accident hazards to supervisor.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
- Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working
relationships with all members of the team; responds to co-workers
with concern and promotes group morale.
- Continually focuses on assigned tasks and seeks and implements
improvements as necessary.
- Understands and demonstrates the safety program in all
- Has knowledge of and implements contamination and infection
- Practices universal precautions at all times.
CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- Demonstrates a knowledge of Telecare's customers including
clients, families and governmental agencies in all interactions and
- Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and
understanding of the community and neighborhood when representing
Telecare in the community.
PLANNING AND TIME UTILIZATION
- Completes and follows through with tasks and assignments,
meeting expected deadlines.
ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY
- Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all policies
associated with attendance.
- Attends all assigned in-service education programs.
- Requests additional training in areas where self-improvement is
- Always dresses appropriately and professionally.
See below for requirements.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed
at the discretion of management.
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
(Hours per day)
up to 3 hours
3 - 6 HOURS
6 - 8+ HOURS
Hand Use: Dominant hand Right--- Left---
Is repetitive use of hand required? YES
Simple Grasping (right hand)
Simple Grasping (left hand)
Power Grasping (right hand)
Power Grasping (left hand)
Fine Manipulation (right hand)
Fine Manipulation (left hand)
Pushing & Pulling (right hand)
Pushing and Pulling (left hand)
Reaching (above shoulder level)
Reaching (below shoulder level)
up to 3 hrs.
3 - 6 hrs.
6 - 8+ hrs.
up to 3 hrs.
3 -6 hrs.
6 - 8+ hrs.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Driving cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment?
Working around equipment and machinery?
Walking on uneven ground?
Exposure to excessive noise?
Exposure to extremes of temperature, humidity or wetness?
Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals?
Working at heights?
Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement?
Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment?
Working with bio-hazards such as: blood borne pathogens,
sewage, hospital waste, etc.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability