Warehouse Associate - 2nd Shift Part-Time
Company: Sonepar USA
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Independent Electric Supply, Inc. (IES) opened in 1976 with ten
employees to serve electrical contractors working in the high-tech
aerospace industry. Today, IES operates 16 electrical supply
branches in the Northern California area, San Francisco Bay area,
Central Valley, Central Coast and 7 locations throughout Arizona.
IES focuses on traditional electrical supply with dedicated
specialists in lighting, switchgear, wire management, tool &
safety, renewable energy and enhance logistics solutions to meet
specific customer needs. Employing more than 525 people and
managing over 1 million square feet of warehouse space, IES is one
of the strongest electrical distributors in the markets we
In August 2011, IES was acquired by Sonepar USA consisting of
the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors
throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in
Pick and sort product based on customer order, size, style,
color. Ship, receive, and deliver supplies, materials and
equipment, and maintain inventory control and records; perform
related work. Mark materials with identifying information when
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Picking orders from inventory
- Unloading, moving and storing materials
- Utilizing manual lifts, reach trucks and transfer equipment
(requires applicable safety and operational training)
- Storing and stacking materials according to company
- Identifying and verifying parts
- Reporting inventory shortages and recommending new orders
- Removing damaged materials from stock
- Operating RF scanners and other hand-held devices
- Other responsibilities may be assigned
Through previous background and experience, the candidate must
be able to demonstrate, with or without an accommodation:
- Knowledge of branch product lines.
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving practices.
- Knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing personnel and work
- Knowledge of merchandise handling and production methods.
- Some knowledge of basic math skills such as adding,
subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Must be a team player and abide by IES''s strong core values
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL
- This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- Ability to be trained on the operation of power and/or hand
tools; greet individuals, answer phones, and provide information to
customers; bend, stoop, lift and move objects weighing up to 50
pounds; stand and walk continuously throughout an 8-hour shift;
work in dusty and dirty conditions; handle and store hazardous
materials; clean and maintain a safe working environment. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to
adjust focus. Operate Forklift, equipment such as pallet jacks.
Climb ladders, Squatting-Bending.
- Typical environments include offices, light industrial,
commercial, utility and manufacturing. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. Will include outdoor work exposed
to elements and non-conditioned warehouse spaces.
Keywords: Sonepar USA, San Leandro , Warehouse Associate - 2nd Shift Part-Time, Other , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!