Branch Support Specialist (Customer Service)
Company: Apria Healthcare
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: June 1, 2021
This role is responsible for supporting daily operations of the
local branch office and delivering customer happiness through
effective communication, problem solving, and efficient processes.
This role is not eligible for telecommuting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer incoming patient and referral source calls received at
the local branch related to new orders, and ongoing patient service
needs such as troubleshooting, order status and other general
- Complete outbound calls to patient and referral sources
regarding order receipt confirmation, documentation requirements,
insurance benefits, patient scheduling, order status and patient
- Review incoming faxed orders and determine action to be
- Collaborate with back-office qualification teams to facilitate
timely processing of orders.
- Partners with Sales team to obtain complete and accurate
documentation based on payor and other regulatory
- Greets and supports walk in customers.
- May assist with coordination of patient Positive Airway
Pressure (PAP) classes, including assembly of paperwork
instructions and other non-licensed activities as defined by
- May conduct downloads of recording devices such as apnea
monitors, oximeters, CPAP devices, and other respiratory equipment
- Handle requests for audit and documentation purposes.
- Collect payment and billing information as needed.
- Order inventory or office supplies.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is
- At least two years related experience in an office environment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong customer relations and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong phone skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and
- If participating in coordination, delivery, function testing or
downloads of respiratory equipment, all applicable competency
testing must be completed prior to conducting those
- Microsoft Office programs.
- Basic printing/faxing/scanning.
- English (reading, writing, verbal).
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or
standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening,
close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It
also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing,
kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking,
bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. This position
also may require the occasional lifting of equipment up to 50
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical
requirements, and work environment described above are
representative of those typically required for this position but
may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific
locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical
requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that
function is essential to a specific individual's position.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to
providing all applicants and employees with equal access to
employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color,
national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic
information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender
identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria
Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a)
and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against
qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or
disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime
contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment
qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
Keywords: Apria Healthcare, San Leandro , Branch Support Specialist (Customer Service), Other , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!