WARD CLERK - VILLA FAIRMONT MHRC
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
We exist to help people with mental impairments realize their
Telecare will deliver and manage excellent services and systems
of care for persons with serious mental illness.
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health
care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the
community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health
services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with
public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have
over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And
we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to
empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area
Business Times as the 9th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for
2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
As part of the Telecare family, Villa Fairmont is licensed as a
99-bed Mental Health Rehabilitation Center. It serves adults who
have a history of serious and persistent mental illness with
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: AM 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Days: Monday - Friday
The Ward Clerk provides support services to the nursing,
clinical and medical staff. Duties are typically clerical in nature
and may involve client contact.
Six (6) months experience as a ward clerk or secretary in a
health care environment and experience working with the general
public is preferred. High School graduation or a G.E.D. equivalent
is required. Possession of knowledge in the following areas is
required; highly developed organizational skills, knowledge of the
operation of copy machines, basic computer skills, basic typing
proficiency (45 wpm) and knowledge of medical terminology. The
ability to read, write, speak English and excellent communication
skills is essential, as is the willingness to work with disabled
persons. A valid California drivers license and insurability is
KEY RESULT AREAS
MISSION, VALUES AND BELIEFS
- Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs
in everyday language and contact with clients, the public and other
QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF WORK
- Performs tasks correctly and according to policies and
- Completes a variety of documentation tasks, including;
maintaining accurate records, filing reports in client medical
records, assemble medical records, maintaining and organizing newly
admitted client medical records.
- Distributes client mail, as directed
- Schedules client appointments.
- Orders and maintains the appropriate level of supplies.
- Answers the telephone, taking messages and screening calls as
- Provides clients, families and other staff members with
requested information, using excellent communication skills.
- Prepares materials for admissions, discharges and
TEAM MEMBER PARTICIPATION
- Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting
observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions.
- Provides high quality clerical assistance to nursing department
staff members as requested.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Professional Assault Response
Training (PART) principles and uses PART concepts to manage
JUDGMENT, DECISION MAKING AND INITIATIVE
- Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
- Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working
relationships with all members of the team; responds to coworkers
with concern and promotes group morale.
- Continually focuses on assigned tasks and seeks and implements
improvements as necessary.
- Understands and demonstrates the safety program in all
- Assists with medical record audits as assigned.
- Practices universal precautions at all times.
CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- Demonstrates a knowledge of Telecare's customers including
clients/clients, families and governmental agencies in all
interactions and conduct.
- Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and
understanding of the community and neighborhood when representing
Telecare in the community.
PLANNING AND TIME UTILIZATION
- Completes and follows through with tasks and assignments,
meeting expected deadlines.
ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY
- Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all policies
associated with attendance.
- Attends all assigned inservice education classes.
- Always dresses appropriately and professionally.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed
at the discretion of management.
(Hours per day)
up to 3 hours
3 - 6 HOURS
6 - 8+ HOURS
Hand Use: Dominant hand Right--- Left---
Is repetitive use of hand required?
Simple Grasping (right hand)
Simple Grasping (left hand)
Power Grasping (right hand)
Power Grasping (left hand)
Fine Manipulation (right hand)
Fine Manipulation (left hand)
Pushing & Pulling (right hand)
Pushing and Pulling (left hand)
Reaching (above shoulder level)
Reaching (below shoulder level)
up to 3 hrs.
3 - 6 hrs.
6 - 8+ hrs.
up to 3 hrs.
3 -6 hrs.
6 - 8+ hrs.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Driving cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment?
Working around equipment and machinery?
Walking on uneven ground?
Exposure to excessive noise?
Exposure to extremes of temperature, humidity or wetness?
Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals?
Working at heights?
Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement?
Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment?
Working with bio-hazards such as: blood borne pathogens,
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability