SLH PBX Operator CA
Company: Alameda Health System
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: February 10, 2024
SUMMARY:Under general direction, the SLH PBX Operator is
responsible for operating the telephone console for the Avaya
Telecommunications PBX and various communications devices at
Alameda Health System. This position supports incoming, outgoing,
inter organization, and interdepartmental calls to and from the
hospital. Persons in this position coordinate emergency code
responses; assuring the proper personnel is notified of emergency
conditions throughout the campus. This position also researches
patient and staff information from various computer systems and is
responsible for overhead audio paging and electronic paging of
individuals and groups via a wireless paging system. Additionally,
this position is required to use two-way radios and various
emergency communications equipment. Performs related duties as
required.DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:NOTE: The following are
the duties performed by employees in this classification, however,
employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level.
Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual
in the classification.
1. Can access and lookup information in, the employee directory
system, the patient directory system, the wireless paging system,
other database systems as needed.
2. Cheerfully greets and assists external and internal callers with
a positive attitude; responding to their request by referring to
various sources of information.
3. Enters data on a word processor from an established group of
source documents, using standard references in a prescribed order
4. Executes overhead paging for authorized reasons when requested
to do so by the appropriate staff.
5. Inserts and extracts materials from subject-matter files,
classifies material by nature of the subject matter, prepares new
file folders, and updates current folders (paper and electronic) as
6. Maintains a record of specific activity on various logs and
on-line databases, such as Trauma log, Incident log, Daily on-call
schedule, other logs as needed.
7. Maintains good housekeeping within the Switchboard Operator
workstations by keeping information in an organized manner;
tidying-up and cleaning and your workstation at the end of your
8. Maintains the wireless pager systems by maintaining records of
pager assignments; distributing pagers and supplies to AHS
personnel as requested; executing wireless pages as defined by
emergency 'Code' procedures; producing reports for pager usage,
assignment, etc., as needed.
9. Manages communication with AHS management via voice, phone, and
10. Operates an Avaya telephone system PBX operator console
(PC-based and/or console-based), providing centralized attendant
11. Operates emergency mobile phones in accordance with established
procedures for their use.
12. Produces routine and ad-hoc reports from various computer
13. Understands and executes the switchboard operator procedures
when called upon to do so.
14. Understands the emergency codes and alarms of the hospital, the
effect they have on patient care and safety, and how to respond to
15. Will remain calm and lead others during code responses and
emergency conditions, notifying and coordinating the appropriate
personnel and departments for (1) patient safety, (2) the best use
of resources and (3) the quickest response in a timely manner.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Education: High School Diploma or
equivalent. Minimum Experience: Three months as a Switchboard
Operator, receptionist, or answering service environment.
San Leandro Hospital
Services As Needed / Per Diem
Business Professional & IT
Keywords: Alameda Health System, San Leandro , SLH PBX Operator CA, IT / Software / Systems , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!