EPG Technical Trainer
Company: Peterson Machinery Co.
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: May 20, 2023
It's your time, make it matter.
At Peterson, we partner with our customers to build the future. For over 85 years, our peoples' work has shaped the communities where we live, where we raise our families, and where we thrive. Peterson's legacy permeates every aspect of our communities. From roads and bridges, back-up power at hospitals, fire-fighting, concerts and moving goods; we are everywhere you look. At Peterson, you don't just have a career, you have a purpose.
Our family-oriented environment is built on safety, winning, growth, and professional achievement. Hiring and developing exceptional people is critical to our continued success. We have high standards for a good reason: our people represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values.
You have high expectations too. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and want your work to matter. Peterson offers competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family-owned and operated business. It's time to use your skills and passion to do work that matters!
Peterson Cat has an immediate need for an experienced EPG Technical Trainer at our San Leandro, CA location.
The EPG Trainer provides a comprehensive technical employee learning and development program that enhances knowledge, skills, and performance of technical employees, the Peterson organization and Peterson customers. The EPG Trainer analyzes, researches, develops, designs, organizes, implements, and conducts training programs. EPG Trainers instruct technical courses in both foundational and EPG-specific course pathways. This position champions a continuous learning environment for all Peterson business units.
Determines training objectives. Writes training programs, including outline, text, handouts, and tests, and designs technical exercises. Lectures cover safety, installation, programming, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of EPG machinery and associated equipment. Administers written and practical exams and writes performance reports to evaluate trainees' performance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Technical Employees Development Plans
* Work with Employee Development staff to plan, develop, and implement a comprehensive training and development strategy for the Company that is consistent with the Company's core values. Conduct learning needs assessments to identify individual, departmental, divisional and organizational training opportunities.
* Work with Managers to define minimum skill proficiencies for technical positions and develop a process for evaluating incumbents for the purpose of identifying future training and career advancement opportunities.
* Technical Curricula Development
* Develop a needs analysis to identify skills/competency gaps and establishes measures to track progress. Develop and execute innovative strategies to ensure the organization has the necessary skills and competencies to meet company business plans and strategy.
* Assist with develop, design, coordination and implement a companywide performance management system used to evaluate employees work performance, establish future business goals, identify individual responsibilities, and monitor an employee's individual career development plan.
* Provide consulting services to departments in all aspects of non-technical training and analyzes training requests. Make recommendations to the appropriate Manager and coordinate training activities with other departments and outside companies.
* Research, establish and maintain training vendor/partner relationships with other training agencies. Conduct cost-benefit analysis to assess utilization of outside training resources.
* Establish a process for designing, identifying, delivering, coordinating, and evaluating seminars, workshops, courses, and training.
* Attain an EPG Analyst Certification and/or Marine Analyst Certification to train and prepare technicians for the type of work they will perform to meet customer demands.
* Technical Skills Training
* Develop curricula, programs, and materials for training. Conduct personalized classroom technical training, product specific and system specific such as electronics, hydraulics, powertrains, engines, emissions systems, ETC. Coordinate alternative training delivery methods such as: computer-based training programs, web deliverable training programs and distance learning programs for companywide learning programs.
* Peterson University Marketing
* Work with the Peterson Marketing Department to market Peterson Universities' training services to customers and Cat dealers.
* Operate company or personal vehicle as needed.
Bachelor's Degree from a fully accredited college in a closely related field; and a minimum of six years of directly related experience in the electrical power generation (EPG) industry, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Must possess a thorough knowledge of Caterpillar products and have good working knowledge of EPG equipment and commercial engines in general. Strong academic background in all foundational Caterpillar courses and ability to complete all courses required for EPG Analyst Certification within 7 years of start date. A proven and sustained track record as a successful field EPG technician and with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Maintain a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
* EPG Analyst or Marine Analyst Certification preferred
* Necessary technician safety and EPG-specific training for Arc Flash (medium and high voltage)
* CIAP accreditation for teaching RDLC courses preferred
Peterson Holding Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A drug screen and background check is required.
It's your time, make it matter.
Keywords: Peterson Machinery Co., San Leandro , EPG Technical Trainer, Human Resources , San Leandro, California
here to apply!