Shift Supervisor I, Transfer
Company: Waste Management
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. JOB SUMMARY
Supervises shift employees and maintains a safe and efficient work
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
* Supervises facility and staff, and coordinates workflow and
resources necessary to accomplish assignments.
* Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality and timeliness, and
ensures quality control in adherence to policies and
* Oversees personnel including coaching, training, evaluating
employee performance, and conducting disciplinary action as needed.
Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion
* Establishes a safe and healthy work environment.
* Investigates, reviews and controls implementation of safety
regulations and company policies and procedures and monitors for
* Performs site inspections, monitors equipment and recommends
* Creates and submits weekly and month end reports to senior
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the
management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
* Direct or indirect supervision of full-time employees may
include: weigh masters, sorters, operators, drivers, laborers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
* Education: High school diploma or GED (accredited).
* Experience: Four years of relevant work experience (in addition
to education requirement).
* Desired: 4+ years of administrative support experience
* Desired: 2+ years of leadership experience, preferably, in
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* Valid driver's license
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* Equipment operating, safety training, and supervisory experience
may be required.
* Experience maintaining driver DQ files is a plus
* DOT knowledge a plus
* Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: transfer station, MRF/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click \\"Apply.
Keywords: Waste Management, San Leandro , Shift Supervisor I, Transfer, Hospitality & Tourism , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!