Supervisor Ambulatory Pharmacy Care
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: March 17, 2023
#LI-DP1Job Summary:Under the general direction of the Clinical
Operations Manager, is responsible for the supervision of
pharmacist and non-pharmacist employees in Ambulatory
Pharmaceutical Care Services. Ensures compliance with Federal and
State laws, regulations and standards regarding the provision of
pharmaceutical services and Divisional Pharmacy objectives,
policies, and procedures. Assists the Clinical Operations Manager
with the development and implementation of strategic initiatives.
Performs other duties as required.Essential Responsibilities:
- Supervises, recruits, hires/fires, trains and manages/improves
- Provides leadership and direction to Ambulatory Pharmaceutical
Care Services personnel/staff including evaluating and
- Administers all departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops a team of professionals who plan and implement
departmental goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Operations Manager in meeting
deadlines, participates on committees, and stands in as a
representative of Ambulatory Pharmaceutical Care Services, as
- Assists with the development and implementation of California
pharmacy strategic initiatives which are designed to enhance
quality, improve member service and enhance cost
- Works in collaboration with providers, department heads, and
the Clinical Operations Manager to implement, evaluate and improve
quality management programs.
- Ensures high level of quality, competency, and accuracy by
developing and maintaining quality assurance and competency
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws, regulations and
- Prepares and/or approves the biweekly payroll, and monitors
personnel utilization in accordance with the operating budget or
- Proposes, develops and implements efficient innovations to
improve the Ambulatory Pharmaceutical Care Services to meet the
needs of KP members and physicians.
- Provides ambulatory care service backup coverage as
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. --At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the
right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. --Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Minimum two (2) years of previous pharmacy management,
supervisory and/or functional direction experience required.
- Residency in Clinical Pharmacy OR two (2) years of equivalent
clinical experience required.Education
- Degree in Pharmacy requiredLicense, Certification, Registration
- Pharmacist License (California)
- National Provider Identifier required at hire--Additional
- Demonstrated self-initiative and innovation, and the ability to
collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize verbal and written
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of applicable state
and federal pharmacy regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in the clinical areas of
- Demonstrated knowledge of outpatient pharmacy operations,
including professional, legal, business and public relations
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work as a member of a
- Substantial travel may be required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- N/AJob Schedule: Job Category: Pharmacy
Keywords: Kaiser, San Leandro , Supervisor Ambulatory Pharmacy Care, Healthcare , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...