Food Service Worker (On Call) - Behavioral Health 103
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: September 18, 2022
FOOD SERVICE WORKER - VILLA FAIRMONT MHRC
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care
company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the
community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health
services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with
public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have
over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And
we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to
empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of
As part of the Telecare family, Villa Fairmont is licensed as a
99-bed Mental Health Rehabilitation Center. It serves adults who
have a history of serious and persistent mental illness with
Employment Status:On Call
Shift:Varies as needed
Days: Varies as needed
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
We exist to help people with mental impairments realize their full
Telecare will deliver and manage excellent services and systems of
care for persons with serious mental illness.
The Food Service Worker is the staff member that performs tasks
that involve assisting in the preparation, assembly and servicing
of food within the facility. In addition, the Food Service Worker
ensures that the facilities dietary and dining room areas are clean
and meet sanitary regulations at all times.
One (1) year of experience working in the field of food service is
preferred. Since many of the tasks performed by Food Service
Workers are repetitive, a willingness to perform such tasks on a
continuous basis and to maintain the specified flow of work is
essential. Incumbents in this position must have the ability to
read and speak English in order to follow written and verbal
directions. Good communication skills and a desire to work with
mentally impaired adults are crucial. Applicant must be finger
printed, sign under penalty of perjury that there has been no
conviction of any crime, other than minor traffic offenses, and
receive clearance from the Department of Justice.
KEY RESULT AREAS
MISSION, VALUES AND BELIEFS
- Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs
in everyday language and contact with residents, the public and
other staff members.
QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF WORK
- Performs tasks correctly and according to policies and
- Thoroughly and consistently performs the following food service
- loads and tends the dish washing machine
- hand washes non-machine equipment
- assembles prepared food
- delivers and stores clean dishes, pots and utensils in the
- assists in the preparation of salads and desserts
- delivers food to resident service areas
- assists in serving meals to residents in the cafeteria
- obtains necessary supplies from food storage, the refrigerator
and the freezer
- stocks food supplies and food preparation equipment in storage
- performs assigned cleaning tasks
TEAM MEMBER PARTICIPATION
- Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting
observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions.
JUDGMENT, DECISION MAKING AND INITIATIVE
- Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
- Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working
relationships with all members of the team; responds to co-workers
with concern and promotes group morale.
- Continually focuses on assigned tasks and seeks and implements
improvements as necessary.
- Understands and demonstrates the safety program in all
- Practices universal precautions at all times.
CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- Demonstrates a knowledge of Telecare's customers including
clients/residents, families and governmental agencies in all
interactions and conduct.
- Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and
understanding of the community and neighborhood when representing
Telecare in the community.
PLANNING AND TIME UTILIZATION
- Completes and follows through with tasks and assignments,
meeting expected deadlines.
ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY
- Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all policies
associated with attendance.
- Attends all assigned in-service education classes.
- Always dresses appropriately and professionally.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at
the discretion of management.
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
(Hours per day)
up to 3 hours
3 - 6 HOURS
6 - 8+ HOURS
Hand Use: Dominant hand Right--- Left---
Is repetitive use of hand required? YES
Simple Grasping (right hand)
Simple Grasping (left hand)
Power Grasping (right hand)
Power Grasping (left hand)
Fine Manipulation (right hand)
Fine Manipulation (left hand)
Pushing & Pulling (right hand)
Pushing and Pulling (left hand)
Reaching (above shoulder level)
Reaching (below shoulder level)
up to 3 hrs.
3 - 6 hrs.
6 - 8+ hrs.
up to 3 hrs.
3 -6 hrs.
6 - 8+ hrs.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Driving cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment?
Working around equipment and machinery?
Walking on uneven ground?
Exposure to excessive noise?
Exposure to extremes of temperature, humidity or wetness?
Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals?
Working at heights?
Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement?
Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment?
Working with bio-hazards such as: blood borne pathogens, sewage,
hospital waste, etc.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Telecare, San Leandro , Food Service Worker (On Call) - Behavioral Health 103, Healthcare , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!