EMT- Health Tech for Sobering Center
Company: Horizon Services, Inc.
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionWho are we?Horizon Services Inc is a non-profit
organization established in 1974 with the goal of reducing alcohol
and other drug related problems of individuals, families, and
communities. By practicing our values: Integrity, Respect,
Diversity, and Quality, we are able to provide mental health,
detox, recovery and sobering programs to support women, men, youth
and LGBTQ clients to live a responsible and constructive life. HSI
is a learning community where our collective experiences enrich
each other's growth.How can you make a difference in people's
lives?As a Relief Health Technician, you provide a safe environment
to participants by monitoring for potential medical and mental
health issues as the participant goes through early stages of
withdrawal on an on call and or as needed basis. Horizon Service,
Inc. – Cherry Hill Detoxification and Sobering Centers, located in
San Leandro, CA is a sobering center supporting participants who
arrive at the center for public intoxication as an alternative to
incarceration and unnecessary hospitalization. Cherry Hill serves
as the primary entry point for substance users in Alameda County.
You will connect with participants through hourly monitoring of
vitals, making medications available, collaborating with
participant's medical/mental health providers, performing
withdrawal assessments and responding to program emergencies. What
will make you successful in this role?
- Certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) in the State of
- A.A. Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with clients dealing with alcohol and drug
- Able to work with diverse populations, cultures and people with
co-occurring disorders and disabilities
- Able to handle and de-escalate emergency situations
- CPR/First-aid training
- Comfortable and skilled in time management
- Ability to collaborate with the team internally and
coordinate/collaborate with external partners including (but not
limited to) case managers, psychiatrists, social workers, referral
sources, medical care personnel, etc.
- Valid California Driver's license with good driving record
- Must show a demonstrated knowledge of computers; including but
not limited to, data input, internet navigation, Microsoft word,
etc. Ability to write clear narrative reports and treatment
- Fingerprinting/Drug testing required at time of hire
- Current flu vaccine/flu shot
- The California Department of Public Health has required that
all staff in healthcare organization receive the COVID 19
vaccination and boosted. Our organization is a healthcare
organization and will abide by this mandateCompensation and
BenefitsWe are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to
all full-time and part time employees over 20 hours per week.
- 100% of medical, dental, Life and LTD for the employee and 50%
for any dependents medical and dental coverage
- PTO and Holiday pay.
- Retirement benefits after 6 months of service.
- Training and CEU opportunities. And of course, the opportunity
to meaningfully contribute to a team of mindful, caring and
passionate people at work every day!Salary: $20.16/hourHorizon
Services, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Powered by
Keywords: Horizon Services, Inc., San Leandro , EMT- Health Tech for Sobering Center, Healthcare , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!