Medical Assistant I, Cardiology Clinic
Company: Sutter Health
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: July 28, 2022
Organization:PAMF-Palo Alto Medical Foundation MPDPosition
Overview: Provides clinical and clerical support to providers and
members of the patient care team(s) by performing a variety of back
office and patient-related tasks supporting the delivery of
high-quality patient care. Helps ensure smooth patient and workflow
within the department and assists the patient care team in
implementing the medical plan of care. Integrates education,
technical competence, and patient interaction skills to gain
confidence and cooperation from the patient, their family/support
group, and other healthcare providers. Performs all duties under
the direction of a clinician.
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS TRAVEL BETWEEN THE LISTED TWO LOCATIONS Job
- HS Diploma: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
(GED) or equivalent education/experience
- Other: Completion of a course of study consistent with the
requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical
Board of California.
- OR Other: Equivalent Sutter Health Training
program.CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare ProviderSKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- General knowledge of various medical procedures, views, and
- Basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology,
and medical terminology.
- Competent and validated in basic Medical Assisting skills such
as taking vital signs, preparing patients for exam, and
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions,
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills,
including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within
standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve
objectives and meet deadlines.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) and electronic health record
(EHR). License/Certifications: BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare
Provider - American Heart
(Required)Job Shift:DaysSchedule:Full TimeShift Hours:8Days of the
Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, WednesdayWeekend
Non-ExemptWeekly Hours:40Employee Status:RegularNumber of
Openings:0Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans. Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, San Leandro , Medical Assistant I, Cardiology Clinic, Healthcare , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!