Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: January 10, 2022
The Kwong Lab is seeking an Assistant Clinical Research
Coordinator (ACRC) to perform administrative support duties related
to the collection of clinical data and/or the coordination of
clinical studies in chronic liver disease. The position provides
clinical exposure and research experience, with collection of
clinical data from patients in the hospital and in the outpatient
setting over the course of several follow-up visits. Work under
supervision of the principal investigator and/or study
The Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology has a long
tradition of major contributions in basic research, a new
commitment to clinical and outcomes research, a track record of
training fellows for academic careers, and a longitudinal
commitment to providing care for patients with complex
gastrointestinal and liver diseases.
- Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments; contact
participants with reminders or other requirements.
- Prepare, distribute, and process questionnaires.
- Perform clerical duties in the preparation of regulatory
documents. Maintain all forms and documents, including consent
forms and master subject logs. File all appropriate
- Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of
study participants. Review medical records and/or perform telephone
or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed.
- Administer standard study questionnaires and tests, score test
measurements and questionnaires, and code data for computer entry.
Perform quantitative review of forms, tests, and other measurements
for completeness and accuracy.
- Extract data from source documents for research studies as
directed. Collect data and complete case report forms.
- Perform basic measurements and tests on patients according to
protocol, such as obtaining vital signs and performing phlebotomy
and EKG, after appropriate training/certification. Collect study
specimens according to protocol.
*- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by
positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- General understanding of scientific methods and medical
- Experience with RedCAP and EPIC
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Two-year college degree and one year of relevant experience or
an equivalent combination of experience, education, and
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- General knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Working toward certification(s) to perform basic patient
measurements and tests, such as phlebotomy and EKG.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based
computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry,
push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and
file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects
that weigh 40 pounds or more.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with
Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University
policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel
policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/ .
Why Stanford is for you
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms.
Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and
research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized
the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is
our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to
impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition
reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening,
or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous
time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds
of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise
facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails,
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing
incentives, discounts and more.
*- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4921
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 91795 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, San Leandro , Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator, Healthcare , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!