Community Manager I & Night Manager - Quail Run II San Leandro
Company: Eden Housing
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Under the direction of the Property Supervisor and or Sr. CM, the
Community Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the
property, and the day to day implementation of those policies,
procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed,
well-maintained building withinestablished management operating and
fiscal policies and assuring compliance with all regulatory
agencies and investors. This includes developing within the project
a supportive environment for all residents, assuring the project's
sound fiscal management, maintaining an acceptable occupancy level,
maintaining a clean, well-maintained building and grounds, managing
the onsite staff and their duties, interacting with and supervising
vendors, and if applicable, working with a Board of Directors.
The Community Manager must relate well to people, must exercise
good judgment and discretion in dealing with residents, visitors,
vendors, and staff. The Community Manager is required to provide
leadership in developing a community and in directing the staff.
The Community Manager is expected to facilitate a staff that
functions as a team and is cooperative with each other, the
residents, Resident Service Coordinator/Agencies and visitors to
The Community Manager directly supervises one or more employees in
accordance with Eden Housing's policies and applicable laws.
Community Managers who live on-site will be responsible for
performing all of the duties and responsibilities listed in the
attached Night Manager job description that includes responding to
all after-hours emergencies or building problems that arise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Physical Asset and Maintenance/Janitorial Management
- Supervises maintenance and janitorial staff, including any
contract or temporary personnel working at the property.
- Establishes a schedule for personnel to be available for
- Supervises or performs the scheduling of routine maintenance
and janitorial work and completes regular follow up inspections on
maintenance and janitorial work.
- Ensures preparation of preventative maintenance checklists by
day, week, month or year for maintenance personnel to perform,
ensures the completion of tasks on the checklists, and ensures that
all work is completed in a timely manner.
- Performs continual informal inspections of the property to
ensure that it is being properly maintained, that mechanical
devices are in working order, and that the environment is safe and
- Inspects exterior and interior common areas of the property
monthly using approved checklist.
- Performs Bi-Annual or more frequent inspections of units and
follows up with housekeeping letters, preparation of work orders
and maintenance charge-backs to residents.
- In conjunction with facilities assistant, prepares list of
capital replacements required or anticipated, when applicable, and
submits to Property Supervisor in advance of budget
- Prepares inventory of building contents, tools and equipment
annually or as requested, and forwards to Property Supervisor for
- Bids out and selects contract services, negotiates vendor
service agreements and monitors day-to-day vendor performance to
assure full compliance with standards established within the
service agreement under the supervision of the Property
- Ensures adherence of the building and its contents to all
applicable municipal and fire codes.
- Prepares written recommendations for physical repairs and/or
replacements, improvements, supplies, material and equipment to
- Ensures adherence to all maintenance requirements of Eden
Housing. Marketing and Leasing
- Maintains full occupancy.
- Reviews all completed rental applications and leases for
accuracy and completeness, and for conformance to Eden Housing's
Resident Selection Policy.
- Supervises all staff in the turnover of vacant rental
- Conducts applicant interviews, verifies potential resident
income, takes deposits and rents in accordance with Eden Housing's
Resident Selection Policy.
- Obtains appropriate documentation and completes
- Walks a vacant apartment when completed by maintenance
personnel or vendors to ensure they are clean and ready to
- Walks entire property daily to be sure the common areas,
landscaping, laundry, etc. are in good condition.
- Supervises move-in and move-out procedures.
- Conducts marketing and public relations tours during office
hours or by appointment, as appropriate.
- Prepares weekly Reports, monthly Budget Variance Reports,
Management Overview Reports, and ensures resident lists are
accurate and up-to-date at all times. Resident Management
- Attends and participates in outside or in-house activities,
meetings, organizations, regulatory agency meetings or inspections,
etc. as required by the needs of the property and as directed by
the Property Supervisor to enhance the sense of community at the
property and to enhance the public image of the property.
- Promotes harmonious relations among residents, staff, vendors,
and persons of the larger community.
- Maintains congenial relationships with all residents, is
understanding of and sensitive to cultural background, economic
status, those with special needs, and adheres to Fair Housing,
Equal Employment and Equal Housing Opportunity requirements.
- Develops a sense of community among property residents by
maintaining good resident-to-resident relationships, staff-to
resident relationships, staff-to-staff relationships, and nurturing
positive interactions and activities at the property.
- Ensures all site staff responds to all resident requests or
complaints in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
- Receives work order repair requests, schedules repairs with
maintenance staff, and follows up to be certain repairs were
completed properly and in a timely manner.
- Manages resident evictions in compliance with court order and
directions from Eden Housing's legal counsel or Property
- Coordinates with Resident Services in order to assist residents
with social services needs or problems.
- Develops and provides support to resident organizations, as
needed and as requested by resident organization.
- Represents the property to local social service agencies and
funding sources, as requested by the Property Supervisor. Financial
Reporting and Control
- Ensures the successful day-to-day financial management of the
property and maintains all necessary financial records and files in
- Collects rents and other monies, and ensures that all
transactions are processed and inputted accurately and completely
in the YARDI computer accounting system using procedures set forth
by Eden Housing.
- On a monthly basis, compares lease information with monthly
rent roll to ensure that the property security deposits, rents,
move in dates, etc. are accurate.
- Utilizes purchase orders when making purchases for the
- Maintains compliance within the budget during the fiscal year
in order to ensure the fiscal integrity of the project under the
direction of the Property Supervisor.
- Prepares weekly Vacancy and Delinquency Reports and submits
them in a timely manner to the Eden Housing office.
- Completes a Monthly Budget Variance Report and submits it on
- Completes and submits to the Property Supervisor within 24
hours, any incident that occurs on the property out of the ordinary
or which could become an insurance claim or lawsuit.
- Adheres to all accounting and reporting procedures required by
Eden Housing. Regulatory Requirements
- Supervises or completes all resident files at move-in and at
each recertification accurately and completely.
- Supervises or completes timely and accurate income
recertification of all residents within established regulatory
- Processes and maintains all resident documents and forms
including leases, income certifications and recertifications,
- Provides reports to Property Supervisor upon request.
- Adheres to Eden Housing performance standards.
- Exercises common sense, good judgment, consistency and
self-control in day-to-day contact with residents and in other
- Ensures proper maintenance and storage of property files and
- Ensures that all property staff adhere to all systems,
procedures, timelines and formats established by Eden Housing
including the filing systems, business correspondence, purchasing
procedures, rental collections, recertifications with proper
documentation, property maintenance records, personnel procedures
- Posts all licenses, permits, notices and occupancy permits
required by federal, state and local jurisdictions.
- Communicates all problems and resolves them or makes
recommendations to Property Supervisor for resolution. Personnel
- Interviews, hires, trains, evaluates, motivates, disciplines,
and terminates all staff under the direction of the Property
Supervisor and in accordance with Eden Housing Personnel
- Determines appropriate personnel needed to complete maintenance
jobs within the capability of the staff and through the use of
temporary personnel in consultation with the lead maintenance
technician, if applicable, and with approval of the Property
- Interacts effectively with Resident Services staff in resolving
resident issues and concerns.
- Reviews, approves and submits employee timesheets to Central
office based on the posted payroll schedule.
- Ensures appropriate staff development and/or training,
including his/her own.
- Completes Workers Compensation reports for injured employees
according to Eden Housing policies and procedures.
- Ensures all staff adheres to fair housing laws.
- Develops and maintains good staff working relationships,
provides leadership to inspire the spirit of teamwork, and
encourages cooperation among the staff.
- Ensures staff interacts professionally and respectfully with
all residents and with each other. Housing Program
- Ensures the housing program (services and activities provided
by the property) is maintained as directed by governing documents,
the Board of Directors, Eden Housing, and/or the regulatory agency.
Other Community Management Tasks
- Provides direct assistance and direction during after-hours
emergencies, as needed.
- Schedules and supervises fire alarm inspections where
appropriate and ensures accompanying paperwork is completed.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings wherein safety is a standing
item of information and discussion.
- Performs other activities or tasks not outlined above as
assigned by Property Supervisor to ensure the viable operation of
the property. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Directly supervises one or more employees in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving
problems, under the supervision of the Property Supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE;
- or one year managing people, projects, materials and
information; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Willingness to learn and troubleshoot preventive plumbing,
electrical and landscaping and ongoing maintenance issues and
- Positive attitude, good sense of humor, energetic, assertive,
and capable role model for subordinates.
- Demonstrated integrity on a professional level.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Strong
attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a large number of projects at once and
shifting priorities in a fast paced environment. CERTIFICATES,
- Valid California Driver's License and insurance required.
- ARM certification preferred.
- Experience with HUD and/or CTCAC properties preferred LANGUAGE,
MATH & REASONING SKILLS
Ability to read and comprehend written instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations
to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals and to
write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak
effectively before groups of residents or staff of the
organization. Ability to effectively present information in
one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and
other staff of the organization. Willingness to learn to prepare
annual budgets. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and
to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform
these operations using units of American money and weight
measurement, volume, and distance. Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several
concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret
a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule
The physical/sensory/cognitive demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be sufficient to detect foreign/unpleasant odors while
walking through buildings, such as a natural gas leak.
- Must be able to concentrate despite constant interruption.
- Must be able to attend to tasks for more than 60 minutes at a
- Must be able to remember verbal/written information for
unlimited periods of time. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
JOB DESCRIPTION REVISION
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions
associated with this job. While this job description is intended to
be an accurate reflection of the current job management reserves
the right to revise the job or to require that other or different
tasks are performed when circumstances change. This job description
replaces all previous descriptions for this position.
Eden Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Housing does
not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, disability,
familiar status, national origin, or any other arbitrary basis.
- Job Family Property Operations - Site Management
- Pay Type Hourly
Keywords: Eden Housing, San Leandro , Community Manager I & Night Manager - Quail Run II San Leandro, Executive , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...