Company: L3Harris Technologies
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: May 18, 2023
Description: Job Title: Program Manager Job Code: SAS3 Job
Location: San Leandro, CA Job Description:
- Directs all phases of DoD, DOE, and commercial programs from
inception through completion.
- Drives program execution in order to achieve key business and
financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating
income, and free cash flow for new, continuing, or current
- Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance
of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract
changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans,
- Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, budgets and
financial terms/conditions of the contract.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities,
leading internal and external program review sessions to discuss
cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts
for product research, development, integration and test.
- Expands the product line with the customer.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans
and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions,
such as allocating resources or changing conctractual
- Directs the work of employees assigned to theprogram from
technical, manufacturing, and administrative areas. Essential
- Manages programs or sub-programs (including proposal
development efforts) with a total value up to $20M and typical
durations of 2-4 years.
- Establishes the framework for executing complex programs and
- Maintains comprehensive program plans to include both long and
short term goals and milestones.
- Coordinates work performed by cross-functional teams, ensuring
proper guidance and support of program activities.
- Monitors and controls the expenditure of program allocated
- Communicates the status of the program to customers and compnay
leadership throughout its lifecycle.
- Monitors and coordinates subcontractor and supplier activities
in support of assigned program(s).
- Develops and maintains customer contacts and conducts marketing
to gain follow-on or new program related work.
- Timely and cost effective accomplishment of contractual
commitments and contributes to achievement of departmental goals
and operating plans with direct impact on departmental
- Travels to customer and supplier locations.
- Reports to the Director of Programs. Qualifications:
- BS degree in Engineering, Business, or similar. Equivalent
experience may be substituted for education.
- Requires 4+ years experience with broad knowledge of program
management processes and procedures for Department of Defense (DoD)
programs, typically obtained through advanced education combined
with work experience.
- Technical background and defense industry experience. Preferred
- Strong communication (in oral and written English) and
- PMP certificate a plus. In compliance with pay transparency
requirements, the salary range for this role is $83,500 - $155,000.
This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer
amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to
experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety
of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k)
match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance,
parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The
specific programs and options available to an employee may vary
depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of
collective bargaining agreements.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, San Leandro , Program Manager, Executive , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...