Company: D-Line Constructors, Inc.
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Who we are
D-Line Constructors Inc. is seeking a bilingual Safety Manager to
be a part of our successful team. We have an extensive portfolio of
demolition, earthwork and grading, wet utility, dry utility, and
paving projects that will provide you with the opportunity to grow
in your career. See more on our website at
What we are looking for
The Safety Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and
monitoring company health and safety programs and work practices to
build a safety culture and ensure regulatory compliance at the
local, state, and federal level, including OSHA, Cal OSHA and
- Work with Project Managers to develop an effective Project
Safety Plan for each project. Identify safety risks and determine
effective means of abatement. Ensure that required personnel
training, PPE's, equipment, and procedures are included in the
Plan, and that it conforms to Federal and State OSHA regulations
and D-Line Constructors policy.
- Monitor each project to ensure that it is set up and managed in
accordance with the Project Safety Plan, Federal and State OSHA
regulations and D-Line policy. Inspect worksites as frequently as
necessary to monitor compliance. Advise Project Managers of
non-compliant or hazardous conditions, provide support and maintain
vigilance as necessary to ensure that corrections are accomplished
- Ensure that equipment on all worksites is safe and
- Ensure that all D-Line production employees are qualified, in
compliance with OSHA and company policy for the work they are
expected to perform. Ensure that all qualifications are up to date
and correspond to the work being performed.
- Manage the company Safety Training Program, to accomplish
timely, cost-effective training.
- Advise and coach employees regarding safety protocols and
- Represent the company with regulatory agencies, i.e., Federal
and State OSHA. Accompany inspectors on tours of company property
and worksites. Respond as required to any notices of violations and
ensure that appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Develop and implement Occupational Safety and Health procedures
to meet government and company objectives and to provide optimum
safety risk management for the company.
- Ensure that company policy is continuously in conformance with
Federal and State Occupational Safety and Health regulations.
- Maintain expertise in OSHA, Cal/OSHA, and all other applicable
- Periodically review injury logs and workers' compensation loss
runs to identify trends and specific problem areas in need of
special attention and collaborate with Project Managers to ensure
proper corrective action and cost control. Maintain OSHA 300
- A strong understanding of OSHA and Cal/OSHA standards and
- 5-10 years safety management experience including staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Spanish language skills.
- Ability to develop and implement safety processes based on
broader organization goals.
- Ability to operate and problem solve in a fast paced, and fluid
- Experience leading change in a multiple site environment.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A) degree in the field of Occupational
Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or other field related to
workplace safety, or equivalent experience.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or other qualification
will be a plus.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST)
What's in it for you
- Unmatched company culture.
- A company that invests in its employee's development.
- Competitive compensation - commensurate with experience and
benefits package including family health, dental and vision plans,
Life Insurance, 401k plan with employer match and profit sharing,
bonus program, PTO, and paid holidays.
Local candidates encouraged to apply!
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All
employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and
Keywords: D-Line Constructors, Inc., San Leandro , Safety Manager, Executive , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!