Safety and Training Manager
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Overview:Transdev is seeking Safety and Training Manager in
Assists the General Manager in the implementation and execution of
the safety program requirements and development of appropriate
local safety initiatives for accident and injury prevention.
Responsible for the overall safety management function at the
location, including risk assessment, training, incident
investigations, safety awareness, and claims handling for a
- Maintains adequate staffing levels
- Ensures that staff is adequately trained and understands and
executes on safety and security standards
- Ensures compliance with all company, client, and Department of
Transportation regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct, review and document facility safety inspections and
assist in the correction of deficiencies.
- Ensures that all reporting and risk management tools are
up-to-date and correct at all times
- Investigates vehicle accidents and employee injuries. Prepares
and submits related reports as required.
- Develops local accident and injury prevention plans &
- Develops local safety awareness programs and initiatives.
Ensures safety bulletin boards, safety postings, and electronic
FOCUS board are up to date with most current and other pertinent
- Schedules and presents training programs. Conducts monthly
employee/driver safety meetings.
- Ensures contract compliance with all applicable federal, state,
local, and company regulations; ensures that related record keeping
and reporting requirements are met and maintained; provides support
in implementing the approved recommendations
- Selects, hires, and trains qualified candidates for
- Maintains confidentiality of all information
- Other duties as required.Qualifications:Education, Licensing,
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, plus two years
of college or university studies required. Bachelor's degree or
equivalent in Business, Public Administration or related field
- Must possess a class B Commercial Driver's License with
- 5 years or more experience in transit safety& training.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Familiarity with OSHA, EPA standards, NIMS and ADA
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Department of
Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier, Transit Security
Administration, and Federal Transportation Administration rules and
- Injury / collision prevention practices & techniques.
- Ability to interpret and explain regulations to others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent
- Travel requirement outside of immediate area (as a percent)
If you have any questions, please contact us ...@transdev.com
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check. Associated topics: account
representative, admin, adimnistrative, administrative assistant,
business, manager, office manager, operation, operational support,
Keywords: transdevna, San Leandro , Safety and Training Manager, Executive , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!