Applications Engineer II
Company: EMCOR Group Inc.
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Mesa Energy Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group,
Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and
electrical construction and facilities services, including
planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Mesa Energy
Systems is a HVAC mechanical services company that provides fully
integrated solutions for preventative maintenance and repair,
upgrading existing mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to
provide the most efficient economic solutions to meet customer
expectations. Job Title: Application Engineer II Principal Duties
- Act as the lead Application Engineer on assigned projects
responsible for all aspects of control system design drawings,
device selection, sequences of operation, and project
- Utilize Microsoft Visio to create system and control wiring
- Design control systems based on plans and specifications.
- Design control systems based on mechanical equipment only.
- Design control systems based on field survey of existing
- Interact directly with General Contractors, Mechanical
Contractors, and Mechanical Engineers of Record to coordinate
installation of control systems.
- Maintain engineering project documentation for assigned
projects according to company document control standards.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work, as well as submit
weekly timesheet with proper time allocations.
- Communicate effectively with all project team members for
issues, concerns, or information needed.
- Support upper level projects by completing tasks delegated by
Engineering Manager or Application Engineer III.
- Delegate tasks as needed to meet deliverable deadlines and
mentor lower level Application Engineers.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement by
recommending and implementing new standards and processes.
- Collaborate with diverse teams and support development and
training of team members.
- 2 to 5 years work experience in building automation or similar
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical or
Mechanical) or Construction or equivalent combination of work and
- Engineering skills required include:
- Strong aptitude of electronic circuits, mechanical HVAC
systems, and low voltage electrical systems.
- Strong aptitude of building control systems including
pneumatic, DDC, networking principles, and software
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and
- Experience with at least two HVAC controls systems (preferably
Delta, Distech, JCI, or Andover)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and
- Experience working with MS Office, Visio, Windows,
- Experience working in a team environment with diverse cultures
and talents.Other Requirements and Expectations
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Most work to be done in a physical office environment, with
some remote work possible as agreed on between employee and
- Must practice safe work habits in office and construction site
environments, and follow all required safety protocols.We offer our
employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills
required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal
Keywords: EMCOR Group Inc., San Leandro , Applications Engineer II, Engineering , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...