Company: Flatiron Constructors, Inc
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Flatiron is the trusted partner to deliver innovative solutions to
infrastructure challenges across the U.S. and Canada. Flatiron
collaborates with public and private clients to deliver heavy civil
infrastructure-including highways and bridges; aviation, rail and
transit; dams and water treatment facilities; and underground
projects.Field engineers are invited to apply to a company that is
building projects that change the lives of our friends and
neighbors. Those fascinated with highly technical infrastructure
work will be happy here. This position provides technical
engineering information to ensure construction work complies with
all engineering standards, codes and contract specifications.
What you will be doing
- Meets daily with project crews to review production schedule
and confirm all materials, equipment and resources are readily
available for production to continue on schedule and within
- Collects, coordinates and analysis shop drawings, design
specifications, material requirements and project data through the
duration of the project to ensure quality and contract
- Provides technical input for project work plan and scheduling.
Identifying risk elements of production, materials, equipment or
process that could negatively impact the budget or schedule.
- Evaluates daily production, schedule and budget projections to
accurately track project performance. Documents daily activities in
Company approved methods and technologies.
- Notifies team members and manager of any significant schedule
changes and recommends solutions for management consideration.
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction.
- Remits accurate project quantity input and controls using
assigned project cost coding to ensure project financials are
accurately reported. Manages cost coding with Company finance and
accounting teams regarding employee time, materials, equipment and
- Reviews and approves daily timecards for all Company
construction crews. Works with Office Manager, payroll and job
construction supervisors to resolve timecard inquiries, as
- Reviews project specifications for quality assurance at the
beginning of work, during the project work and after work
completes. Initiates and manages appropriate certificates,
inspections and other documentation regarding construction
production on the project site.
- Works with construction crews and engineering leaders to plan
field layout on the project site, ensuring appropriate utility and
commercial lines are marked before production begins. Initiates and
manages any permits needed before work can begin.
- Conducts required Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) to ensure a safe
and compliance work environment for all construction personnel.
Attends weekly safety meetings with field team and project
leadership; presents field analysis as needed.
- Assists the estimating team with project schedules and provides
technical input as needed.
- Assists the development of design drawings and provides
technical input, as needed.
- Coordinates subcontractor work methods, schedule and crews as
- Reconciles job close-out checklist with owner representative
and field crews at the end of the project.
- Maintains knowledge of Company values and strategic plan. What
we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
- 1+ years of construction engineering experience required.
- Beginner knowledge of construction equipment & techniques,
drawing & specifications, building materials and required standards
applicable to the project.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate
effectively with others.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively in
a fast-paced environment.
- Skill in verbal and written communication needed.
- Proven self-starter and self-motivated to learn and grow
- Knowledge of construction scheduling and production time
- Construction engineering experience or knowledge required.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to become fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious
accommodation by date of hire to be considered.
- Valid Driver's License. Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans
Keywords: Flatiron Constructors, Inc, San Leandro , Field Engineer, Engineering , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...