Senior Bioprocess Engineer in San Leandro, CA!
Company: Job Juncture
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Sr. Bioprocess Engineer
· San Leandro, California
Imagine a meat company unlike anything that has come before! We are
on a mission to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we
make meat. Founded in 2019, we make protein from elements of the
We are a modern food company, crafting the world’s first air-based
meats to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet’s
resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and
climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert
elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic
cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. It’s
where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business
leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we
never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious
and more sustainable. We use less land, less water and is
significantly faster to make than any other meat available.
In addition to the chance to work with cutting edge technology to
help combat climate change and working toward addressing the
impending food crisis, employees also enjoy competitive benefits
and total compensation plans and a collaborative company culture.
If you join us on this relentless pursuit for more, changing the
world will soon feel as natural as taking a breath.
We are funded by ADM, a world leader in fermentation technology, GV
(formerly Google Ventures), and Barclays, one of the world’s
leading financial institutions.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Senior Bioprocess Engineer is an experienced chemical engineer,
biochemist or related occupation that is responsible for the safe
operation of fermentation systems in the company. This role
would play a significant part in optimizing the processes of
This role is actively responsible to:
- Manage research and development programs.
- Manage and direct multidisciplinary technical teams with
lead-by-example and team centered approach.
- Understand and execute on installation, commissioning, and
start-up of fermentation and bioprocessing lines.
- Apply engineering principles, research theories, and models to
design and plan experiments and research activities.
- Develop, write, and review technical documentation including
reports, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and engineering design
- Gatekeeper of Management of Change (MoC) systems specific to
the operations of the fermentation plant
- Operate, troubleshoot, optimize, and oversee bioreactors
- Maintain safety in the operation of the fermenters and maintain
Project Safety Management (PSM) for the plant.
- Establish short and long-term business strategies in
coordination with management team.
- Communicate findings to internal project teams, management, and
- Preparing and giving presentations to internal teams, clients,
and potential investors.
- Lead project meetings to coordinate efforts and communicate
effectively for successful project execution.
- Manage subcontractor efforts to ensure quality and accuracy in
- Reviewing literature and journal articles to inform program
- Chemical or biochemical engineering degree with 10-15 years of
experience in a biotech, pharmaceutical, biofuel, or food
fermentation operations role.
- Understand bioprocessing/fermentation industries, particularly
gas fermentation systems and high gas transfer reactor
- Expertise in cGMP food and/or pharmaceutical
- Solid skills in project planning, defining program and task
objectives, experimental design, resource allocation, scheduling,
budgeting, and tracking.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to act
proactively to create exceptional experiences for internal and
- Superlative communication skills, particularly the ability to
communicate with tangible and lasting shaping of core values and
- Professional experience in roles requiring both independent
creativity and collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with managing and safely using hazardous gases and
high-pressure systems is an asset.
- Able to recognize when optimization, correction, or custom
changes are necessary - ability to troubleshoot and manage
- Demonstrable experience in building a supply chain from scratch
is preferred but not required.
- Possess a customer first mentality with all
- Demonstrate strong business and financial acumen with an
understanding of the implications of new technology development
- Understand the use of technology as a competitive
- Preferred regulatory experience in food safety.
Keywords: Job Juncture, San Leandro , Senior Bioprocess Engineer in San Leandro, CA!, Engineering , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!