Mover II / General Labor, Commercial Office Moving
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Hiring Immediately! Conducting interviews daily, same day job
Work Schedule: Variable work schedule. Work hours may often exceed
30+ hours per week, contingent on availability and client needs.
Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is preferred.
This position requires travel around the local area (serving San
Francisco, Oakland, East Bay, North Bay, and surrounding area);
depending upon customer assignment.
The Mover II is responsible for general labor including but not
limited to lifting, carrying and/or pushing furniture, equipment
and cartons on wheels to and from trucks, offices and warehouses.
May also assist in loading and offloading trucks from docks and/or
on a lift-gate and setting and offsetting goods on equipment.
Responsible for assuring a quality move for the customer, providing
outstanding customer service, and assisting the move process by
communicating with the supervisor, the customer and other crew
members. The work schedule is part-time, hours will vary. Reliable
transportation is required for this position.
- Push, pull, lift, carry and move furniture, equipment and boxes
- Assist Drivers load and unload trucks using a ramp, dock or
- Perform work with quality, efficiency and safety at all
- Use extreme care not to damage good or facilities during the
- Confirm next day work schedule with dispatch daily.
- Arrive at Corovan dispatch office or on-site at client location
in complete uniform.
- Obtain work assignment from dispatch and/or supervisor and stay
until work is complete.
- All other duties as assigned based on business needs. Basic
- High School Diploma and/or general education degree (GED); or
one to two (1-2) year's related experience and/or training or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One (1) year of warehouse and/or moving experience required,
using various moving equipment and its proper usage such as
dollies, carts, pads, straps, pallet jacks, forklifts, ramps, lift
gates, and all specialty equipment including but not limited to
roll-a-lifts, Genie lifts safe jacks, and/or J bars. Other
- Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including
background check and drug testing
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as situations and needs
change throughout the workday
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to work with minimum
- Must possess good customer service skills.
- Familiar with various moving equipment and is proper usage such
as dollies, carts, pads, straps, pallet jacks, ramps, lift gates,
and all specialty equipment including but not limited to
roll-a-lifts, Genie lifts safe jacks, J bars, etc., is
- Familiar with laboratory moving including packing of lab
equipment, fine tune and detail work, PC disconnect and reconnect
- Familiar with the O&I (Office & Industrial) move process
and understand the move labeling and directional signage.is
- Moderate ability to read and interpret documents such as
procedures, work instructions, and timesheets
- Moderate ability to speak and communicate well with customers
- Moderate ability to understand basic math in order be able to
add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using
whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations Pay & Benefits
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Safety Reward Program
- Continuous learning and career development training
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and
Voluntary Supplemental Insurance eligibility is evaluated
regularly. Eligibility is based on hours worked. Employee must
maintain a consistent average work schedule of 30+ hours per week.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed throughout the day.
May require walking primarily on a level surface, but may include
walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods
throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the
waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials
throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May
include lifting up to 75 pounds and pushing or pulling up to 150
pounds throughout the day. May include bending, reaching,
squatting, twisting, stooping, and kneeling throughout the day. May
also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up
to 50 pounds. May include working at height on a loading dock, or
on a lift-gate.
Additional Information Upon offer, the Company conducts a
comprehensive pre-employment background check and drug test. Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. Proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to
Keywords: Corovan, San Leandro , Mover II / General Labor, Commercial Office Moving, Administration, Clerical , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!