Company: Ghirardelli Chocolate
Location: San Leandro
Posted on: September 17, 2020
This position is responsible for providing high-quality
financial reporting and assisting the CFO by making recommendations
to improve systems, reporting, procedures and processes. The
Controller works closely with cross-functional teams to monitor and
review results and costs ensuring alignment with targets set. The
Controller partners with key internal customers to constantly
monitor opportunities for improvements and new business
initiatives, supported by accurate, timely and meaningful reporting
and analysis. This position will provide overall cost accounting
and controller responsibilities for manufacturing in collaboration
with the Finance team. In addition, the Controller has direct over
site on Operational Accounting, Corporate Accounting and Payroll.
The controller is ultimately responsible to deliver the monthly and
yearly closing result and in charge of the monthly and yearly
reporting to the headquarter.
Manage Financial Systems and Reporting:
- Plan, lead, coordinate, and manage the monthly and annual
financial process with internal and external (Lindt Corporate)
reporting. Including detailed review and ownership of tax provision
in collaboration with Lindt North America.
- Perform monthly analysis for management team to identify and
direct areas of focus and immediate need. Ensure proper visibility
is brought to all key metrics and areas of accounting
- Develop and recommend actions to achieve company financial
objectives. Anticipate cost and margin changes to ensure consistent
communication and proactively identify improvement opportunities.
Identify areas of focus for procurement analysis and cost
- Measure, analyze, and report on all areas of responsibility
(including executive reporting and reporting to corporate parent).
Establish systems, processes, and procedures to ensure and maintain
accurate and meaningful reporting and analysis.
- Oversee and perform the monthly cost center analysis for
operations, selling, marketing, advertising, trade promotion,
consumer promotion ensure discussions are completed with the
responsible management members to explain identified variances and
if necessary to propose corrective actions.
- Responsible for accuracy of total manufacturing cost, product
cost, and inventory control, and the preparation, accumulations,
consolidation and distribution of financial data to support
- Responsible for accuracy of all cost of goods & inventory
related balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Actively participate in the annual budgeted and re-forecasting
- Manage banking and treasury relationships, ensure cash flow
management and planning.
- Manage external consulting relationships for tax and compliance
consulting. Manage relationships within audit, both financial and
other external audits.
- Manage and execute company car program.
- Develop, implement, and monitor compliance with internal
controls in coordination with LICs, including improvements to
existing control recommendations and reporting to Lindt.
- Identify system improvements and errors in process flow, work
with IT to propose changes to improve accuracy of reporting from
company ERP (JDEdwards).
- Participate as the system expert on all changes proposed by
operations/field teams to ensure system compliance and accuracy of
- Hire, train, lead and develop staff.
- Be a member of the CFO's leadership team. Provide leadership in
a fast-paced environment with stretch goals.
- Set objectives, plan project steps, and resources needed, and
- Train and develop staff.
- Consumer Goods, Manufacturing and Retail experience
- Proven analytical abilities and high level of detail
- Proven leadership, communications and teamwork
- First-hand knowledge of manufacturing operations a
- First-hand knowledge of retail operations a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to think critically and systematically
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment, while maintaining
the necessary edge & drive to effectively lead and manage the
- In depth knowledge of integrated systems (JDE, SAP, or Oracle)
and of Excel
- Ability to pay extraordinary attention to detail
- Proficiency with all aspects of cost accounting and related
- Effective supervisory skills
- Technical affinity a plus.
- Ability to present complex concepts in an easy manner.
- Ability to remain very hands-on in the position while
developing the strategic vision for overall Procurement
Education and Work Experience:
- Must have degree in accounting/finance. MBA/Certified
Management Accountant preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of highly relevant experience (exposure to
financial planning, budgeting, analysis, strategic planning, and
Keywords: Ghirardelli Chocolate, San Leandro , Corporate Controller, Accounting, Auditing , San Leandro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!